GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Selenite Grey Magno Matte Paint troubles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLC63s AMG
Selenite Grey Magno Matte Paint troubles

I recently purchased a GLC63s in the selenite grey magno (matte) paint and the color has been rather troublesome so far. Over the one month since I took delivery, I noticed several shiny streaks and shiny spots but I'm particularly worried about stains on the left side of my hood that showed up out of the blue. The car was neither washed nor was it exposed to rain during the time period when the stains appeared.

I would appreciate some advice from owners of this paint whether this is natural aging (seems to be aging rather quickly if that's the case) or something else at play here. I have no logical explanation for these stains as I'm pretty confident that area wasn't contaminated (no bird droppings etc).

I have attached a couple of pictures showing the problem. Could someone please have a look and provide guidance? Is this normal (or a defective clear coat)? What could've caused it and what can I do to eliminate it?

Thanks in advance,
Danesh

Old 02-07-2020, 10:31 PM

Received 104 Likes on 53 Posts
2020 GLC43 | 2020 GLE350 | 2014 E350 (sold)
Have you gone back to the dealer with the issue? Seems like something to show them soon before there is more time for an environmental factor to cause the problem. Looks like it could be a factory paint issue based on what you shared.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:09 PM

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
Magno paint needs to be protected.

you need a full stealth clear bra over it. Don’t do the BS ceramic coating it is a waste.

I had the edition 1 C63s and also edition 1 E63s. I immediately had the whole car clear bra’d. The 5k cost is well worth it.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:09 PM

2020 GLC63s AMG
Thank you for your response. Yes I plan on getting it wrapped soon. This is my first magno paint order and I was neither aware nor warned of it's fragility. I expected a special and costly paint to show some more durability. This seems ridiculously sensitive. If that is the nature of the paint, Mercedes MUST sell it with a strong caveat so customer's are aware what they're buying, which unfortunately didn't happen in my case.

Having said that, I'm wondering if this is natural magno paint behaviour if left unwrapped for just a few days? I can't think of any serious contamination that could cause such an adverse reaction on the paint. I'm checking with dealership for some answers. Would appreciate thoughts.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:09 PM

2020 GLC63s AMG
Thank you for the reply. Checking with the dealership.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:35 PM

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts
GLC 63 AMG, Trackhawk, X3M
I have had this happen:

ive parked in parking garages and water leaking from pipes or ceilings have actually stained my clear bra in the past. Either just rusted water or high mineral content etc in the water.

think you could of been hit my that water?

gas stations, parking garages etc
Old 09-21-2022, 02:13 PM

CLS 53 AMG
I know it's been a while since you posted this, but was wondering how it ended up? I have a 2022 GLC with the same type of spots and do not know where to turn. I tried a sample piece of the stealth film over the blemish and it did not appear to help.