Would you again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat, 2023 Ram 3500, 2005 E55 Wagon, 2019 GLC63s
Originally Posted by scottiekay
Been to the Dragway with both cars. she's a 12.2 in the 1/4 mile. I was between 10.9 / 11.1 , that is a big difference in gap
Stock vs stock? That Trackhawk time seems very fast for a stock truck.

R.K.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 GLC63 and 2018 Jeep Trackhawk
modified -- Regardless stock vs stock we would still beat it.
The following users liked this post:
radride (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

modified -- Regardless stock vs stock we would still beat it.
For sure. Plus the Trackhawk will retain its value for a very long time. Once the AMG's go off warranty then they are worthless compared to new.

R.K.
Old 12-07-2021, 11:38 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2022 GLC 43 AMG SUV
Let's go back to the original question: I've had my 2021 AMG GLC 43 43 for 2 months now, bought off the lot as is (there's no picking as you all well know.) It came with no NAV package (only Android Auto & CarPlay), no intelligent headlights, no advanced driver assist, but with the performance exhaust and the night package.

I absolutely love the car, but am missing a few options, so I placed an order for a loaded 2022 AMG GLC 43 SUV, but without the performance exhaust and the night package. I love the rumble, but it gets annoying during longer drives, and I'm not going to race it...

The LED Intelligent lights on my wife's GLC 300 are super in actual use, plus I want the full-screen maps, including on the driver/main display, not the half-sized AA map. The size is just right (GLE is a bit too big and heavy for my purposes).

The panorama roof is a must, the Adv Driver Assist package plus headup display, dashcam etc are also useful. I think the night package looks good and sporty, but the chrome trim plus running boards look are more classy. Graphite metallic, red stitching and red seat belts with seats in ventilated black leather plus black ash center console complete the package.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:39 PM

Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
Mercedes Benz AMG GLC 63s
TBH if you have a small family, do not like boxy (I need not so much space SUV’s) designs yet want/ need enough practicality for daily life and at the same time love to drive without thinking your a race driver, then the GLC63s is the perfect car…

the ONLY thing I hate is when EVER you turn even slightly tight on stock summer tires, the front wheels judder violently to the point whereby you increase the risk of doing suspension damage over time. That in addition to undue front tire wear, which is rather costly no matter where you live. The MPG is shockingly bad even when granny-driving in comfort mode with the fun-button pushed to hear that lovely V-8.

Yet, I can go camping, put 2 MTBikes in the back with seat folded with all my camp stuff and MTB equipment, go on family trips etc etc etc and the car performs beautifully.

Wish the forum support was better yet there are MANY websites that support Mercs and the variety of options and mods, whether they are also any good or active is left to be relevant.

Appart from undue tire wear, undue petrol use…it’s great he he he. It’s the car you buy when your wife no longer would allow you to buy an impractical sports car when you have a family yet, do not want to be (insert certain nationality) and merely want the biggest thing because it’s the biggest thing.

Relak - I agree with you, the forum help is way too spotty.. I bought the GLC63 for my wife. Ill be honest yea its a fun car but for people who modify vehicles this is not the platform... honestly not many benz' are easily modifiable and the cost its outrageous. This forum offers little help and the knowledge base is extremely limited... This forum circles around the same 5 topics and its getting very old.

Alternatively, I own a Jeep Trackhawk... the Hellcat platform us very modifiable and forum offers immediate support and information, almost night and day from this. I am not trying to persuade anyone to buy a Dodge / Jeep product Im simply comparing 2 animals.
wrboxer (12-08-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 10:45 PM

Build quality can be subjective mate, I’ve had (like many here) other relative high end brands with even worse build quality…aka, Porsche, BMW, Audi etc etc. I’ve even had an Alfa Brera Italia Independent that had better build quality than my previous BMW X6 M lol.

Originally Posted by Tim_P
I've had my 2020 GLC 43 in the shop twice for two different rattles (both have been fixed). I have a third rattle though, but no streets near my dealership trigger it so I can't show them. I'm looking at replacing my run-flats with regular tires so the ride is softer and the remaining rattle (hopefully) goes away. However, because the 20" wheels are different sizes front and back, I'm having a very hard time finding decent all-season tires that come in both sizes. I should mention that my OEM run-flats have just 1800 miles on them - I'm so desperate to soften the ride and stop the rattles that I'm willing to pay $1600+ to replace tires that don't need replacing. Oh, and the jolt from first to second gear is annoying.

Other than that, I do like my GLC 43. Would I buy it again? Nope - not when the build quality is this poor. But all in all it's still a good car.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:48 PM

How very American of you to say that!?

Originally Posted by radride
For sure. Plus the Trackhawk will retain its value for a very long time. Once the AMG's go off warranty then they are worthless compared to new.

R.K.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Bloom_Phaze
How very American of you to say that!?
I'm just stating facts. Once any Euro car comes off warranty its worthless. ****, I bought my 2005 CL65 with 85000miles 5 years ago for 36000.00CDN. That car new was 275K in Canada.

R.K.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by radride
I'm just stating facts. Once any Euro car comes off warranty its worthless. ****, I bought my 2005 CL65 with 85000miles 5 years ago for 36000.00CDN. That car new was 275K in Canada.

R.K.
Again, very American of you to say. Facts you say…!? Very bland and open statements to blanket about. There is some truth there of course but a lot of adornment.

I could counter and debate but it’s really not worth the effort, other than to point out your rather ignorant opinionated statement.

Don’t misunderstand me here as I am not trying to insult you or flame you in any way. Yet, when you make such bland, open statements like that it’s a bit hard to ignore mate.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Bloom_Phaze
Again, very American of you to say. Facts you say…!? Very bland and open statements to blanket about. There is some truth there of course but a lot of adornment.

I could counter and debate but it’s really not worth the effort, other than to point out your rather ignorant opinionated statement.

Don’t misunderstand me here as I am not trying to insult you or flame you in any way. Yet, when you make such bland, open statements like that it’s a bit hard to ignore mate.
You sound so mad LOL. Its a well known fact about Euro car values. But whatever. You're going to find out eventually.

R.K.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
19' GLC 63
Preamble - I was shopping Track Hawks until the price exploded with Covid. For me, a Track Hawk was the smart way to go. Ultra reliable and simple drivetrain, easy to mod and make tons of power, crazy capable with both interior room and towing @ 8.5k lbs, non existent depreciation. However, the fuel mileage literally couldn't be worse and the interior is Matel, but was definitely willing to get over both.

Would I again with my GLC? Ill say this, I love the GLC 63 platform. Where I gave up some outright straight line performance I gained significant chassis control and composure as well as curb appeal. IMO you cant beat the AMG V8 experience combined in a perfectly usable and insanely capable package(solid tow spec @ 5k lbs). Excellent sound and performance, great curb appeal with good if not great interior appointments. It gets great MPG. The drivetrain is being utilized across a variety of Merc models and even other manufacturers in a variety of performance specs with strong towing capability. This a good indicator for strength which usually translates in reliability and we can expect incremental life cycle improvements addressing lingering issues.

Pro: A sexy, presentable, extremely capable package. Efficient for a v8. The other manufacturers making a performance SUV this size DONT provide the v8 experience, TOTALLY a deal breaker! ICE engines are on their way out, better enjoy a sexy suave v8 while you can and no one does it better then AMG.
Con: Interior tech/dash in my 19' is a solid ~3 years behind the ball and is unfortunately dated, lack of standard driver assistance tech, remote start a pain in the butt, a somewhat cumbersome transmission cruising around from a stop and getting in to 2nd gear.

A 20/21' with updated dash might hang around my garage for longer then a year or two.

Last edited by wrboxer; 12-09-2021 at 10:40 AM.
radride (12-09-2021)
Old 12-11-2021, 12:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLC 63S Coupe
did exactly that.
had a 2019 for less than a year.
ordered a 2021 63s coupe.

love this car so much.

Old 12-11-2021, 01:10 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLC 63S Coupe
. This forum offers little help and the knowledge base is extremely limited... This forum circles around the same 5 topics and its getting very old.
welp, the cats out the bag..
honestly, this forum has never been anything special.

my glc63 whats app group chat, now that place is littttttt.
those guys have taught me so much about my car and cars in general
@glc_63_boyz on ig