GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

AMG Dynamics Settings - What do they mean?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 GLC63
AMG Dynamics Settings - What do they mean?

I recently bought a 2021 GLC 63. I'm trying to fine documentation of what the AMD Dynamics and the Engine setting actually change in vehicle. The Dynamics setting cycles through Basic, Advanced and Pro. Mine is not an 'S' model so there is no Master setting.
The Engine setting cycles through Reduced, Normal, Sport and Dynamic. This Engine setting also seems to effect the way the transmission upshift and downshifts, but so does the Dynamics setting..
Obviously, when I put them both on the highest level it is the most aggressive setting, but I'm wondering how each of these setting work. There seems to be a lot of overlap in what the two setting do.
Old 03-18-2021, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
For AMG DYNAMICS, you can find a description at the following link. It's in the context of the GT, but that doesn't matter. It's the same principal in all vehicles, except in the GLC 4Matic+ is added to the equation. But essentially AMG DYNAMICS is an active chassis dynamics system that actively shapes the handling and dynamics of the vehicle. These types of systems have become popular in performance cars as a way to actively control the vehicle dynamics and give them predictable handling in a way that doesn't patronize the driver, instead of passive ESP systems that only intervene once instability occurs. AMG DYNAMICS basically controls the steering, locking rear differential and 4Matic+ in the AWD models. In simple terms it performs torque vectoring, sending the torque to the wheel(s) that can best use it to optimize traction and cornering dynamics as well as stability.

https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...l?oid=42956027

For the engine setting, it controls the throttle map and shift programs. Basically in Comfort it gives a more lazy throttle response for more comfortable driving and employs a shift strategy that keeps rpms lower and shifts smoother. As you change up to the higher modes, the throttle becomes more responsive, the rpms stay higher and the shifts become faster and more aggressive. In S+ and Race it also alters the ignition timing to produce the pops&bangs, although those are reduced in newer models.

Last edited by superswiss; 03-18-2021 at 05:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
larrysing (03-18-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 GLC63
Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I think what was confusing me is that the AMG Dynamics settings seemed to also affect the transmission shift points, so there appeared to be some overlap there. This may have been my imagination. So, your explanation makes sense. Thanks
Old 04-22-2021, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Infiniti FX45, 2022 BMW M550i (on order)
Here is another good article:
https://media.daimler.com/marsMediaS...l?oid=16411734