Rev limit and fuel cutout problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 04:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Rev limit and fuel cutout problem

Hi!

I just bought a GLC43 AMG Coupe and everything seemed to be okay until when I was driving home I don't know how but I activated the manual transmission mode (the car was in S+). I was trying to overtake a bus and pushed a little bit harder on the gas pedal and when I realised it won't shift it was around 6700RPM the fuel cutoff turned on and the power suddenly was gone also the car braked a little bit for about 2 seconds (I immediately shifted up when the fuel cutoff hit) then the power came back in. Immediately stopped after that put in comfort mode tried to look for some damage from the outside but everything sounded normal, the transmission was normal, engine sound was normal (no weird noises). I'm worried a little bit, and I'm confused how this happened because I did not turned on the Manual mode, I learned everything about this car and yet this is the situation. I hope somebody can answer my question; is it very very bad for the engine? This was the first time for the car hitting the rev limit. I consulted with the first owner and he never hit the rev limiter. The car is in good condition, oil level is okay (I have 2k km until the next change). The car has 35k km on it. I hope i didn't damaged the engine or the transmission or something else expensive..
Old 05-20-2021, 01:54 PM

Received 104 Likes on 53 Posts
2020 GLC43 | 2020 GLE350 | 2014 E350 (sold)
Ha I’ve got the rev limit maybe a hundred times and had fuel cutout. Usually in 1st gear because it’s so frustratingly short. It won’t damage the car.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GLC 43 Coupe
Yes it is. And not just short if you use it in auto mode in S+ and go over a speedbump then accellerate, the car will be jerking a little bit. Thanks for your reply! I hope everything is okay, I turned on the car few hours ago and it was fine, went to a ride and for now everything seems to be okay. Never had this experience and it scared me. Again, thanks for your reply.
The following users liked this post:
MercOne1 (05-20-2021)