GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Oil and filter option and sources?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 12:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 63
Oil and filter option and sources?

Looking to prepare for service of 2021 AMG63, and curious where those completing their own maintenance are sourcing their products.
Is one oil filter better than another?
Oil recommendations are appreciated, but being oil I'm sure this will go sideways.
Replacement oil pan plug? Not completed an oil change on a MB yet, but I see the plug seems to be replaced at service.

Yes, can search my life away on the Google, but thought the knowledge here would be more valuable.

Thanks, NIXDSG
Old 11-12-2021, 06:12 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,056 Likes on 977 Posts
1999 E300TD
go oem and any oil that meets your engines specs
Old 11-12-2021, 08:59 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
AMG GLC63
Originally Posted by NIXDSG
Looking to prepare for service of 2021 AMG63, and curious where those completing their own maintenance are sourcing their products. Is one oil filter better than another? Oil recommendations are appreciated, but being oil I'm sure this will go sideways. Replacement oil pan plug? Not completed an oil change on a MB yet, but I see the plug seems to be replaced at service. Yes, can search my life away on the Google, but thought the knowledge here would be more valuable.
Thanks, NIXDSG
I'm going with the recommendations from a Liqui-Moly tech that I communicated with a few weeks ago:
"For your 2019 AMG our Leichtlauf High Tech SAE 5W-40 is our recommendation, it has the necessary MB 229.5 factory approval and is ideally suited for the use in your M177 engine. Please also see further suitable fluids for your AMG in our online oil guide at https://www.liqui-moly.com/en/us/
To avoid excessive wear even under heavy use and to further improve the performance of your AMG we also recommend you the following products:
Use ourPro-Line Engine Flushat the next oil change. It will remove dirt, sludge, carbon, etc. from the inside of the engine which will help the new oil to perform as best as possible from the beginning on. Further, it will also remove carbon build-up at the piston ring grooves which will allow the rings to float freely and raise compression. A very effective way to extend the life of any engine, optimize the oil consumption, and to improve performance. For preventive maintenance, we recommend using Pro-Line Engine Flush at every 2nd - 3rd oil change.
AddCera Tecto the fresh motor oil to further increase wear protection and reduce friction. Cera Tec is our latest high-tech additive formulation that contains two active ingredients for less friction and wear. It has proven itself worldwide and will protect your engine even under tough operating conditions. The ideal dosage of Cera Tec is at around 6-7% of the total motor oil volume.
The Note "not suitable for use with wet clutches" in the application information of Cera Tec is valid only if Cera Tec is used as a gear oil additive. This note is not relevant when using Cera Tec as a motor oil additive.
To maintain the sensitive fuel system of your engine we recommend you to use our DIJectron as preventive fuel treatment regulary every around 2400 miles. DIJectron is a unique combination of state-of-the-art LIQUI MOLY additives, developed in order to keep clean and protect the fuel system of modern, direct fuel injected (GDI) engines. Using DIJectron will significantly reduce the risk of having an LSPI event caused by deposits at the injectors and inside the combustion chamber."

For filters, I have used the "
PG Oil Filter, Extended Life PG99221EX" off Amazon, and have used MB OEM filters. Not much of a difference there.

Drain plug I have used OEM:
Mercedes-Benz Engine Oil Drain Plug - Genuine Mercedes
This fits your 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC63 AMG 4Matic Sport Utility
Part#000-990-95-18-MBZ