Carbon Fiber Dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 02:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Volvo XC 60 R Design Polestar
Carbon Fiber Dash

Hello All,
Considering a phone mount called Carmount which has two way tape adhesive. They say it won't affect my Carbon Fiber dash on my 19 AMG Glc63. Has anyone used these phone mount or had any experience with them? How does the dash look after or if you remove it for any reason?
Old 06-13-2022, 02:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 AMG GLC 63S
Originally Posted by cloose
Hello All,
Considering a phone mount called Carmount which has two way tape adhesive. They say it won't affect my Carbon Fiber dash on my 19 AMG Glc63. Has anyone used these phone mount or had any experience with them? How does the dash look after or if you remove it for any reason?
I've used these & am currently using a phone mount from getspiegel.com on my carbon dash. I have these in 3 cars currently, mounted to plastic & carbon surfaces.
It's a Mag-Safe mount with a very strong magnet for holding a phone, never had a phone fall out of the magnet.
It won't damage the surface as long as you don't use a sharp edge to remove the tape. Some of the 3M tapes are very strong & heat may need to be applied to help remove from dash.
There are plastic shims that can be used to pry the tape up when removing.

Usually when removing most of the tape comes off, rubbing alcohol will remove the rest.