GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

CPO fraud

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 07:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 sold, 1972 911S, '58 Speedster, 2021 GLE 63S, Turbo 997, Aston Martin V8 Vantage 69 911 Hotrod
CPO fraud

We bought a 2021 CPO AMG 63 last week. As we drove off from Gainsville MB the check engine light was on with the coolant light. It was late Sat so we returned first thing Mon morning. I asked that they do a quick scan and they said sorry 2 hours wait for that. Really? Obviously the CPO scrutiny was not done or they would have picked up the codes. We drove home to Savannah and took the car to Critz MB. They said there are so many codes and they are so unusual that we can't fix the car so it sits there for a week now no longer being worked on. Today when they open I'm going to demand the car back (it is drivable and the cel is yellow not red). Must they give me the car back? Car drives fine but with cel still in yellow.
Old 12-10-2022, 12:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 63 AMG
Originally Posted by rhart6
We bought a 2021 CPO AMG 63 last week. As we drove off from Gainsville MB the check engine light was on with the coolant light. It was late Sat so we returned first thing Mon morning. I asked that they do a quick scan and they said sorry 2 hours wait for that. Really? Obviously the CPO scrutiny was not done or they would have picked up the codes. We drove home to Savannah and took the car to Critz MB. They said there are so many codes and they are so unusual that we can't fix the car so it sits there for a week now no longer being worked on. Today when they open I'm going to demand the car back (it is drivable and the cel is yellow not red). Must they give me the car back? Car drives fine but with cel still in yellow.
You're asking if the dealership will give the vehicle that you legally purchased back to you? Uh yeah, it's your vehicle dude.

If you don't think you're able to resolve the situation verbally, I'd hire an attorney as soon as possible. Google "lemon law attorney" in your state.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:35 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
2008 C63 AMG
I have a similar situation....

I bought a CPO 2020 GLC63 AMG 10/2022.
I ordered New all-season radials for it for the upcoming winter months and on inspecting the wheels, I found two lugs stripped and not even hand tight on the front passenger wheel.
On that same wheel there was a swollen lug so bad no socket would fit on it to loosen it.
My local garage took almost 1 hour just getting that wheel off.
There were more swollen lugs on other wheels, but not as bad as that wheel.

Point being, there is no way they could have gotten that wheel off to do a CPO inspection of the brakes, rotors, etc...

Then about 2-3 weeks later the Check Engine Light (CEL) came on solid yellow.
My local garage scanned the codes and there were 2 current and 2 stored codes.

I am not going to get in to the long story, I have a thread you can look at that details the whole ordeal, but long story short, the car is going back in to service for a second time 12/13/2022.

Again, was a CPO inspection really done?

Hope we both get our situations resolved to satisfaction.

YES, they have to give you the car back and you should take it somewhere else, call MB Corporate if you have to.