GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Nav map uppgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 03:08 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC63 AMG S Coupe
Nav map uppgrade

I decide to upgrade my MB Nav map as the other day I was driving on the field while I was physically driving on a new highway.
I contacted the Mercedes Benz Canada customer assistance center and they said no problem I can do the update online.
All I needed to buy a USB flash drive of 32GB and a USB C adapter.
They also told me that I needed to get a subscription to Mercedes ME for $250.00 per year as my original subscription has expired.
I got the subscription and I got access to Geofencing, Remote engine start, and Vevicle locator on my Mercedes Me.
I spent about a week following detailed instructions that MB send me on how to download the maps.
No success.
Finally, I called Customer assistance and a different customer rep told me that the only way to get my maps upgraded is to go and see the MB dealer.
I called them and they told me that I can do the upgrade online.
I told them that Customer assistance told me that only the MB dealer can do it for me.
Finally, they call me back and told me that the dealer can do the update but it will cost me $447.00 CDN.

So simple nav map upgrade will cost me close to $800.00.
Is there another way?

My car is a 2019 AMG GLC 63S
Old 08-02-2023, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,832 Likes on 2,560 Posts
2019 C63CS
Since you double posted in the C63 forum, I'll post the answer again here. You shouldn't post he same question in multiple forums.

Unfortunately, you've been led astray by the first customer rep and later your dealership. The old COMAND system in your 2019 GLC doesn't support online map updates. Only starting with the 2020 can you do online and OTA updates. It is correct that the maps need to be updated by a third-party. A dealership can do it, but it's very expensive as you found out. Other options are BenzNinja and other remote coders that can upgrade the maps for less money.
Old 08-03-2023, 10:37 AM

GLC63 AMG S Coupe
Thanks. I am already in contact with BenzNinja to get the map upgrade.
Old 08-04-2023, 10:55 AM

GLC63 AMG S Coupe
Got my new map upgrade from BenzNijia yesterday.
It seems to work fine.
Peter was very helpful and patient with me doing the update first to the memory stick and then downloading it to my GLC.
It was a big file over 30 GB so it took a while.