GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Does changing tyres make much difference in regards to ride comfort?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 05:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 63S
Does changing tyres make much difference in regards to ride comfort?

Hi all, I just picked up a GLC63 and unfortunately the previous owner had put some pretty cheapo unbranded tyres on the car.

I was wondering if replacing these with a reputable brand tyre would change a lot in regard to ride comfort in terms of being a more smoother over bumps as well as with road noise?

It’s nothing to complain about but would be great to hear people’s experiences with changing tyres and level of comfort. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2023, 11:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 ML63 AMG, 2019 GLC63 AMG
The suspension is tuned to be very stiff and any summer max performance tire will have a very harsh ride. Going to all season tires like Continental DWS 06plus might help a bit but than you will loose traction under spirited driving. I am on Michelin Pilot sport 4s and my ride comfort is probably as bad as yours. I am not sure why they decide to use the ward comfort in the 3 different ride modes. It should be sport, sport+ and race mode if you ask me.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:07 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
na
I've read somewhere that putting on Michelin's certain tires made a difference. FYI mine came with Continental CrossContact UHP in Australia.
The following users liked this post:
GLC63Aus (10-18-2023)
Old 10-18-2023, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC 63S
Originally Posted by pussgalore
I've read somewhere that putting on Michelin's certain tires made a difference. FYI mine came with Continental CrossContact UHP in Australia.
Thanks for that.

That’s what were fitted by the dealership? How did you find those continentals in terms of comfort?

have you changed to different tyres since?