GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Broken Fixed Glass (Controlled Shd)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLC 43 AMG
Unhappy Broken Fixed Glass (Controlled Shd)

Bought this beautiful vehicle recently (2020 GLC 43 AMG). A few days ago, while testing the speed & stability on a long drive I suddenly started hearing wind noise as if the wind was getting inside the car, however there wasn't actual wind coming in. I felt the noise increase as I went above 50mph. Unsure about whats causing it I kept it under 50mph for rest of the journey. While returning back the noise continued & at one point I heard a loud THUD & CRACK which scared me & my wife in the middle of a highway when it was dark. Stopped the car immediately to find out this glass was cracked & half of the piece probably flew away on the highway.
I got this car from the third party dealer & not MB dealer. Wondering how should I approach it, would they entertain my request to get it replace at their expense or do I have to shell out the $1K plus. Upon notifying the dealer, their first response was something might have hit it. But the way things turned out that day, it felt like the glass left the glue which cause the wind to pass & after a while it just couldn't take the wind pressure & broke off.

Did my own research to find out this part is 205-780-00-22-40, however upon further analysis I found out the part thats available now is 205-780-00-22-64 - which has a description "Replaces 205-780-00-22-40". It retails around $710 in NJ.

Any one who has had a bad experience with this glass, any suggestions would be appreciated.