GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Production Numbers with Breakdown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 06:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
E350
Exclamation Production Numbers with Breakdown

Would anyone happen to have access to or know where I could find GLC63 production numbers? Not sure how much it matters in this community but I remember back in my LS1 days we always wanted to know what the production numbers were for our cars to find out how rare they were. We all know that automobiles manufactured on an assembly line aren't by any means "rare" but it's cool to know just how many vehicles were produced and how unique a particular spec may be.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 63 AMG
Subbing to this thread - would love to know as well from an authoritative source. This is generally not publicly available information, however there's some clues available via government recall data. The US NHTSA (National Highway Safety) reports one recall exclusively unique to North American sold GLC 63 models:

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 20V776000
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2018-2020 AMG GLC 63 4MATIC vehicles. The power supply cable on the starter might not have been installed correctly, possibly allowing the cable to chafe against the starter housing and short-circuit.
Vehicles Affected: 2,563

This jives with my initial estimate of around 2,500 produced for all 4 available years for the North American market. Estimates were calculated based on a variety of data sources (some public, some not).

So an educated guess would be roughly 2,500 to 3,000 North American sold GLC 63 and GLC 63 Coupe S vehicles for model years 2018 to 2021.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:37 AM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
E350
I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few “1of 1’s” based on specific options and specs. I don’t see many of them and there are usually less than 100 for sale nationwide at any given time, most of the time it’s actually less than 60. The performance seat option seems to be extremely rare. I’d imagine a blue S” with the performance seat option is particularly rare.