GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Wheel alingnment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 10:35 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC63 AMG S Coupe
Wheel alingnment

I just had a wheel alignment done on my 2029 GLC63S as the front driver tire was bold on the inside.
Since then I have experienced severe "crabbing" issues Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires
I'm wondering if the alignment was done correctly.
Can somebody have a look at the alignment printout below and tell me if it is correct?
Thanks.

Alignment GLC63S.pdf

Old 05-11-2024, 05:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 718 Likes on 535 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
all they could really adjust is TOE since no factory adjustment of Camber.

Also not much difference before to after.
Ask them what they actually did.

IF you want Camber Adjustment then here is one way:
" " - K-MAC Camber Caster Strut & Bushings Worlds Largest Range (k-mac-camber-kits.com)

Probably other ways this is just the one I know
Think I selected your car but they can help as can other companies.

IT is CAMBER that is eating inside edge of tires.

As for your crabbing the toe's seem pretty much the same and if it crab seems it would have before worse.

Last edited by ygmn; 05-11-2024 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-13-2024, 09:56 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
GLC63 AMG S Coupe
Ygmn thanks for your reply.

Can you clarify what you mean by this statement?

"As for your crabbing the toe's seem pretty much the same and if it crab seems it would have before worse."

I was hoping that somebody will send me the factory specifications for the wheel alignment for my 2019 GLC63S.

Last edited by tedboss1; 05-13-2024 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 718 Likes on 535 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
crabbing is when the car goes down road with Centerline of car on angle so say front wheels on left side of road and rear wheels are on the right side.

TO do this the TOE which is the left/right angle of tire with respect to centerline has to be different between axles (other things as well could cause crabbing but would need to be severe.

So front toe over all is pointing more towards left and the rear point to the right.

Also you tend to feel this in steering wheel as a "PULL" to one side or other

Now look at your report the TOE does not change much and you are saying it now CRABS what I am saying is if it crabs now it probably crabbed before.
On the report the stuff in GREEN is within spec and the RED is outside is the normal report color coding
BUT MB alignment specs and ranges can be a bit large for some but it allows them to make car on production line with minimal labor and it mostly goes straight.

What you need to do is go to an indy ALignment shop that is GOOD and nows their stuff - look for the one with RACE cars in parking lot.

let them check it out.

Another thing to do is let wife drive car on highway and tell her to go straight and then you follow so you can verify car is crooked with respect to line of travel.

Talk to these companies that make these CAMBER adjustment parts be it the one I showed you or others who make links...

HArd to diagnose over internnet but I will say if you fee it is crabbing then I bet it is oding something.