GLC63 Steering Wheel Not Getting Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLC63
GLC63 Steering Wheel Not Getting Power

Hello fellow GLC63 owners,

I woke up today and started my car and my steering wheel did not light up meanwhile a day before I had no problems. My car is optioned with the drive unit.

No buttons work, this includes everything on the steering wheel. Seems like the wheel isn’t getting power or possibly a faulty port. I’m outside of warranty and honestly don’t mind paying out of pocket to have this fixed as I cannot scroll through menus to check oil level, temps, etc. Has anyone encounter this problem?

Any advice would great, thanks for taking the time to read through. As always stay fresh my friends 🤝.
Old 05-26-2024, 10:25 PM

Received 117 Likes on 93 Posts
04 E55, 06 E55, 05 G55, 14 E63s, 12 cls63
Originally Posted by Cmc63

I woke up today and started my car and my steering wheel did not light up meanwhile a day before I had no problems. My car is optioned with the drive unit.

No buttons work, this includes everything on the steering wheel. Seems like the wheel isn’t getting power or possibly a faulty port. I’m outside of warranty and honestly don’t mind paying out of pocket to have this fixed as I cannot scroll through menus to check oil level, temps, etc. Has anyone encounter this problem?

Any advice would great, thanks for taking the time to read through. As always stay fresh my friends 🤝.
Id start with taking off the airbag and making sure everything is plugged in first.

attach a picture of the brown connector too, with the wires going in. if it is a faulty module i might have one on hand.
Old 05-27-2024, 04:08 PM
SPONSOR

Received 240 Likes on 185 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by Cmc63

After this repair, maybe you want to start looking at extended warranty coverage? It typically does not "get better from here" once components start to fail. My information is below if you'd like to explore extended warranty options from our providers Fidelity and Freedom Warranty for your GLC 63 AMG, repairs accepted at all Mercedes-Benz dealerships and licensed independents in the US/Canada.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777