GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

GLC 43 Front Control Arms Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2024 | 11:00 AM

GLC 43 AMG Coupe
GLC 43 Front Control Arms Issue

Greetings from hot & humid Florida!
I had not been driving the GLC much (it's my wife's daily), but when we had to switch cars due to my broken leg, I noticed a loud squeak coming from the front suspension. I quick trip to the shop revealed that the lower control arms on both front wheels were shot. They also noticed the cv axle on the right side was leaking, although this would not cause the squeaky noise. No option but to get them all replaced.
Our GLC just broke the 62K mile mark, and although the mechanic told me this is a common issue with these cars, particularly the AMG series due to their more aggressive suspension, I find it hard to believe that the arms and axle would give up this soon.
Has anyone else here encountered this problem? The GLC is now fixed, the noise is gone, and I think it actually drives and handles better than before.

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Marco
Old 10-13-2024 | 10:37 AM

GLC 43 AMG Coupe
Update

Well…the noise is back with a vengeance.
The weird thing is it doesn’t happen all the time. I took the car back to the shop where I got the front lower control arms replaced and they couldn’t replicate the noise.
The squeaky noise happens when I drive over bumps and I hear it in the rear, but my wife says she hears it by the front passenger floor.
Any help, insights or recommendations are appreciated!!

Marco