GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Rotors + Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2024, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLC 63 AMG - 2018 Gla 45 AMG Yellow Night Edition (SOLD)
Rotors + Brake Pads

Hi all, needing to replace my rotors and pads and am conflicted about which aftermarket route to go. Those who have replaced them, what was your choice and how do you like it?
Old 09-23-2024, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,969 Likes on 2,646 Posts
2019 C63CS
What car do you have? Your signature says GLA 45, but this is the GLC AMG forum. Either way, check out FTC Euro. They have great brake kits with a mix of OE and aftermarket parts and offer lifetime replacement, so you get full credit for the used parts when you send them back. I'm on my third set through FTC Euro and basically only paid for one. Not sure what's available for your specific car, but I ended up with upgraded full floating Brembo rotors for the front. These were on the C63 Black Series and on the AMG GT cars. Rears I replaced with Zimmermann. Still using OE pads as they are great, IMO.
Old 09-23-2024, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 GLC 63 AMG - 2018 Gla 45 AMG Yellow Night Edition (SOLD)
Interesting, I'll check that out. Is it a noticeable performance gain, I assume it's better than oem as they are being used on the BS and GT cars.

I currently drive a 2020 GLC 63, upgraded from the GLA 45.
Old 09-23-2024, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,969 Likes on 2,646 Posts
2019 C63CS
The improvements that full floating rotors bring to the table are with brake feel, ease of modulation and consistency as the brakes heat up. The benefit of full floating rotors is that they can expand laterally and vertically relative to the hat, because the rotor disc is attached to the hat via springs that allow relative movement of the disc and so the disc is always optimally centered between the fixed pads allowing both the inner and outer pads to make optimal contact with the disc and evenly distribute the brake pressure between them. AMG uses floating calipers in the rear, so full floating rotors are not necessary there as the caliper itself moves and centers over the rotor.

My biggest complaint with the OE brakes was that they were a bit grabby around town. The new setup is much better at modulating the brake pressure. Braking is smooth around town, yet potent when driving it in anger. It also smoothed out DISTRONIC in stop&go traffic as the grabby OE brakes used to make it a bit jerky.

Last edited by superswiss; 09-23-2024 at 03:10 PM.