Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glc coupe 350
PANORAMIC SUNROOF QUESTION

Hello!!

Can anyone answer thr below?

1) If u have a panoramic sunroof can u entirely block it from within? lets say its a very sunny day and ur kids want to sleep. Can u cover it or all u can do is close the glass??

2) if u get the qcoustic confort package do they also add it to the roof since its also glass??

Trying to decide if i should add it or not.

Thank u!!!
Old 01-25-2019, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 105 Posts
2020 X7 xDrive40i, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
If it's like any other MB, the pano roof will have a shade you can use to cover it, but the shade is translucent so it will still let some sun light in. I typically get Limo dark tint on the pano roof, and in combination with the shade, it blocks out majority of the sun.

In previous MB's the equivalent to the acoustic comfort package only affects the windshield and front driver and passenger door windows. I don't think it covers any other glass (rear door windows, tail gate glass or pano sun roof glass).
Old 01-25-2019, 06:28 PM
DMG

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2001 G500
Originally Posted by thenew3
If it's like any other MB, the pano roof will have a shade you can use to cover it, but the shade is translucent so it will still let some sun light in. I typically get Limo dark tint on the pano roof, and in combination with the shade, it blocks out majority of the sun.

In previous MB's the equivalent to the acoustic comfort package only affects the windshield and front driver and passenger door windows. I don't think it covers any other glass (rear door windows, tail gate glass or pano sun roof glass).
In your opinion does the acoustic package make a big difference in noise levels? ( I realize we're in the Sunroof Thread, sorry to move off topic so quickly...)
Old 01-25-2019, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DMG
In your opinion does the acoustic package make a big difference in noise levels?
In my opinion it does make a noticeable difference for the driver and front passenger. Not as much for back seat passengers.

I always get tint on all the glass, the thick ceramic tint also does a pretty decent job blocking out additional wind noise.

I've seen many owners also add a layer of dynamat or similar material to the wheel wells, trunk areas to block out road noise. Some go as far as to take out basically the whole interior of the car and lay down a layer of this dynamat on the entire body.

I don't go that extreme. I find MB's are already very quiet cars. I get a lot of rental cars when traveling for work and after driving in those rentals, makes me appreciate the quietness and comfort of my MB every time I get home.

I will be getting either the V167 GLE450 or a X166 GLS450 sometime within the next 12 to 18 months. If the price of the acoustic comfort pkg is at or less than $1k, I'll likely get it (unless of course it pushes total MSRP to over $85k which is my current budget)
The following users liked this post:
DMG (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 08:19 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 106 Posts
The rear glass is usually thicker to begin with and that's why they add the fronts in the AG pkg
Old 01-27-2019, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glc coupe 350
to pano or not??,?

So guys would u get ur new gle with a pano roof or without??

Old 01-27-2019, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Piannino
So guys would u get ur new gle with a pano roof or without??

I usually don't like Pano roofs. They let in more heat and more noise. But they do make the interior feel more open, and the kids love being able to look up in the back and seeing the sky. I've also heard from multiple sources that it's easier to resell the car down the road if it has the pano roof. So I will likely order it.