GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

MBUX Technology Package

Old 02-12-2019, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 325i
MBUX Technology Package

I have configured a car with a dealer. Before I finalized it I have some questions on the technology package which my dealer was not able to answer. What exactly is the "MBUX Interior Assistant" included with the technology package. Does anybody know what increased functionality it provides to the MBUX system? Can I still use voice commands without it.
If it was just $1600, I would probably go for it, but requiring the $700 MB Tex door trim rubs me the wrong way.
Similarly, I think I am going for the driver assistance package, but I am also rubbed the wrong way that they require and addition $4500 of equipment (leather, contour seats, rapid heat, etc.) for a safety system. If anybody has any justification for skipping it I would love to hear it as I would save $6500 and use that money to upgrade form a GLE350 to GLE450.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:34 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
E220d T
Originally Posted by Fresh MB
I have configured a car with a dealer. Before I finalized it I have some questions on the technology package which my dealer was not able to answer. What exactly is the "MBUX Interior Assistant" included with the technology package. Does anybody know what increased functionality it provides to the MBUX system? Can I still use voice commands without it.
If it was just $1600, I would probably go for it, but requiring the $700 MB Tex door trim rubs me the wrong way.
Similarly, I think I am going for the driver assistance package, but I am also rubbed the wrong way that they require and addition $4500 of equipment (leather, contour seats, rapid heat, etc.) for a safety system. If anybody has any justification for skipping it I would love to hear it as I would save $6500 and use that money to upgrade form a GLE350 to GLE450.
Hi!

the pkg Interior MBUX is A camera in the ceiling that lightens the lights if you reaching over to the glovebox or passanger seats, it also sees who is controlling the MBUX and helps you.
This can not be ordered with the Burmester 3D because there is a speaker where the camera is placed.

i will go with the sound system instead of the assistant.

Hope it helped a little..
Old 02-13-2019, 08:56 AM

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts
2020 GLE450 4Matic AMG-Line
Originally Posted by Pachole

This can not be ordered with the Burmester 3D because there is a speaker where the camera is placed.
That is a good reason why they can't be ordered together. Too bad the engineers/designers didn't plan ahead and allow for both.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Pretty hefty price just to turn on a light reaching to open a glove box. As for the NAV, it's basically a haptic feedback system, which was first introduced on the Cadillac Cue back in 2013. It came with their touch screen system and to this day, you don't pay extra for it; just part of the system. C'mon MB!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 325i
Thanks so much for the information. I always found it ironic how the dealers just don't know the details. I am going to pass on the technology.

I think I am going to go for the Driver Assistance as I am afraid I will regret it if I order it without it. It's a shame I can't get the MB tex - had it on my last two vehicles and even with young kids it always looked brand new with super easy maintenance (My wife once spilled a beet juice from a Beet salad we were bringing to a dinner party, the beige passenger seat was full on dark red and they were as good as new with dawn dish soap)
Old 02-13-2019, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
By all means, get the driver's assistance package. It is the most remarkable, autonomous driving system yet! You would kick yourself if you didn't get it. Plenty of videos to show you how it works with all it's functions.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,167 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Option questions

Originally Posted by Fresh MB
For me, the Technology Package's appeal is first for the Head Up Display, and second for the Nav Augmented Video; I could live without the Interior Assistant. Regarding the Driver Assistance Package PLUS, everyone's driving conditions and wants are different, but I like to drive and not have the car drive for me. A lot of these "assistance" features can end up being a pain in the *** and you turn them off. E,g,, I like to take a racing line through curves when the road is empty and conditions right; Lane Keeping would be screaming at me and tugging the wheel. Blind Spot Assist I like, but it's standard. Same with Collision Prevention Assist. Your call.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
For me, the Technology Package's appeal is first for the Head Up Display, and second for the Nav Augmented Video; I could live without the Interior Assistant. Regarding the Driver Assistance Package PLUS, everyone's driving conditions and wants are different, but I like to drive and not have the car drive for me. A lot of these "assistance" features can end up being a pain in the *** and you turn them off. E,g,, I like to take a racing line through curves when the road is empty and conditions right; Lane Keeping would be screaming at me and tugging the wheel. Blind Spot Assist I like, but it's standard. Same with Collision Prevention Assist. Your call.
Where the Driver assistance Package PLUS really excels is any long distance driving. It actually makes you more alert to conditions around you, by taking the driving functions over; it's like an auto pilot. I can hardly wait to do some real out of state driving.

There is nothing "pain in the ***" about it. You can always turn it off, if you want to do some spirited driving and such. You're obviously not going to activate it if your are racing around. It is the near perfect system for the 2019 vehicles, and again I highly recommend it.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,167 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by rustybear3
There is nothing "pain in the ***" about it. You can always turn it off, if you want to do some spirited driving and such. You're obviously not going to activate it if your are racing around. It is the near perfect system for the 2019 vehicles, and again I highly recommend it.
Each to his own. As I said, people have different driving conditions and preferences.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Drivers Assistance on it's own at $2200 is a Mercedes "pitch/steal" - the new system adds 14 safety/assistance features (Mercedes count) but production currently requires adding leather and another pack to get Driver's Assistance - we have pushed back on the added requirements - but currently it is what it is...

Head Up is awesome - Huge I mean in a good way -..

The Mercedes Nav on the large screen works ways cool - bringing up next "action" on the right 3rd of the screen - the Augmented video adds a different set of stereo/left-right cameras center upper windshield which feed the live video snap to that "next action" screen
Old 02-25-2019, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,388 Likes on 1,932 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon
Originally Posted by rustybear3
By all means, get the driver's assistance package. It is the most remarkable, autonomous driving system yet! You would kick yourself if you didn't get it. Plenty of videos to show you how it works with all it's functions.
+1000%