MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLE Class (V167) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-v167-250/)
-   -   2020 GLE450: Second row seat adjustment without 3rd row option (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-v167/738758-2020-gle450-second-row-seat-adjustment-without-3rd-row-option.html)

Patrick Shyong 03-15-2019 03:34 PM

2020 GLE450: Second row seat adjustment without 3rd row option

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the second row seat is adjustable (recline and forward/backward) without the third row seat option? I know the 2nd row is power adjustable with the 3rd row seat but I haven't seen anyone adjusting the back seats on a GLE450 without third row seats.

Thanks.

JoeMa 03-15-2019 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick Shyong (Post 7706411)
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the second row seat is adjustable (recline and forward/backward) without the third row seat option? I know the 2nd row is power adjustable with the 3rd row seat but I haven't seen anyone adjusting the back seats on a GLE450 without third row seats.

Thanks.

In the US you must order the third row option to get an adjustable second row.

Erasmo 05-22-2019 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7706490)

very helpful, thanks. Maybe you can help me with my questions. I'd really appreciate that.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ggestions.html

Wdeertz 08-07-2019 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 7706490)

I saw on the US website where it says 2nd row adjustable seats require the 3rd row option. I came upon this YouTube review which appears to show a 2nd row adjustable seat without the 3rd row option.
. As far as I can tell this review is US based. Is this a one off vehicle which included the adjustable 2nd row?

Ninja_Ryan 08-07-2019 09:47 PM

My 2nd row seats do not have the power options to move back or forth (did not come with that option). They are comfortable and have plenty of leg room. I do not have the 3rd row option.

Nico49_75 08-08-2019 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wdeertz (Post 7822920)
I saw on the US website where it says 2nd row adjustable seats require the 3rd row option. I came upon this YouTube review which appears to show a 2nd row adjustable seat without the 3rd row option. https://youtu.be/eXwQpbEItMg. As far as I can tell this review is US based. Is this a one off vehicle which included the adjustable 2nd row?

Same in France the 2nd row adjustable seats require the 3rd option (and the 20" wheels). It depends on the countries. In Germany for example, they don't like packages that much so you can chose most of your options independently.

Philamg 08-08-2019 07:54 AM

In Uk nearly everything is in packs, 7 seats and AMG package is standard on all versions except 300D.

Nico49_75 08-08-2019 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Wdeertz (Post 7822920)
I saw on the US website where it says 2nd row adjustable seats require the 3rd row option. I came upon this YouTube review which appears to show a 2nd row adjustable seat without the 3rd row option. https://youtu.be/eXwQpbEItMg. As far as I can tell this review is US based. Is this a one off vehicle which included the adjustable 2nd row?

I saw your video and you're right, there is a 2nd row adjustable but not 3rd row. It's weird. But I have already seen some other weirds things with GLE reviews: for example, in UK some test reviews were made with a 300d with Airmatic suspension despite the fact that this is not standard on 300d in UK and you cannot have this option! Here for example:

tiri 08-08-2019 10:19 PM

I can confirm my Canadian market 450 with 5 seats does not have reclining 2nd row. This is a major inconvenience as the seat back angle is too upright for my Peg Pérego car seats. It’s best if they are flush with the seat pad and backrest. Hopefully this is an option that gets rectified in three years when I return my lease.

GregW / Oregon 08-10-2019 02:12 PM

Adjustable 2nd row

Originally Posted by Nico49_75 (Post 7823199)
I saw your video and you're right, there is a 2nd row adjustable but not 3rd row. It's weird.

In Germany I believe you can order the adjustable 2nd row as a standalone option.

Nico49_75 08-10-2019 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon (Post 7825080)
In Germany I believe you can order the adjustable 2nd row as a standalone option.

Yes, you can. Picture of the german MB website translated:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...b914d289f9.gif

And the third row is a standalone option as well:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...6254118228.jpg
Edit: in Germany, although third row is a standalone option, in such a case the adjustable 2nd row is a prerequisite

NewShockerGuy 08-12-2019 10:58 AM

So there is no way to adjust the 2nd row seating at all without the option of a 3rd row seating? Am I understanding that correctly? We just looked at a 2020 GLE and I super impressed but when getting in the rear I couldn't lean the seats back to adjust the angle. My wife's NX does this and I thought it was rather odd that a vehicle costing 20k more doesn't have this feature available (even if it is a manual side lever)... We have no desire to get or want a 3rd row seating as it's just for us two...

Thanks,
-Nigel

tiri 08-12-2019 11:52 AM

That is correct, Nigel. For USA and Canada, the rear seat back is non-adjustable on 5-passenger models. The 7-passenger model allows the adjustment.
I voiced my displeasure to the dealer when I picked up my car a month ago as I was installing two car seats in the back.
Hopefully MBC includes it as standard or at least optional in the future. Often during initial model year releases, packages are modified for subsequent years based on client feedback and purchasing patterns.

GregW / Oregon 08-12-2019 12:58 PM

Non adjustable 2nd row

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy (Post 7826326)
So there is no way to adjust the 2nd row seating at all without the option of a 3rd row seating? Am I understanding that correctly? We just looked at a 2020 GLE and I super impressed but when getting in the rear I couldn't lean the seats back to adjust the angle. My wife's NX does this and I thought it was rather odd that a vehicle costing 20k more doesn't have this feature available (even if it is a manual side lever)... We have no desire to get or want a 3rd row seating as it's just for us two...Thanks, -Nigel

The last GLE had adjustable backrest angels for the 2nd row. Also, the seats folded complete flat instead of sticking up at an angle like these do. Apparently the 2020's "improvements" are for easier access to the 3rd row that neither you nor we care about. Offering the electrical 2nd row as the do in Germany as a standalone would improve the situation.

NewShockerGuy 08-12-2019 01:37 PM

Thank you for the clarification! Wow, that really blows my mind. The infotainment/cluster is amazing, the interior is very nice, ambient lighting...etc. Lots of room in the back seats, I'm kind of taken back that someone from MB didn't say, why doesn't the rear seat recline.

Looks like I'll wait a year I guess.

Just for shakes, if you equip the GLE with the optional 3rd row seating, can the entire 3rd row seating be removed or is it permanently installed but folds down (like the e station wagon?) So that cargo area isn't raised?

Thanks,
-Nigel

thenew3 08-12-2019 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy (Post 7826449)
Just for shakes, if you equip the GLE with the optional 3rd row seating, can the entire 3rd row seating be removed or is it permanently installed but folds down (like the e station wagon?) So that cargo area isn't raised?

The 3rd row seat does not take away from cargo area and is folded flat when you don't need it. But it does remove the ability to have a spare tire so they include run flat tires as standard when you get the 3rd row option.

Philamg 08-12-2019 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by thenew3 (Post 7826459)
The 3rd row seat does not take away from cargo area and is folded flat when you don't need it. But it does remove the ability to have a spare tire so they include run flat tires as standard when you get the 3rd row option.

It also removes the ability to stow the cargo bay cover if you put anything else in there - a pain.

jsa1983 08-12-2019 06:45 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c3257f00a.jpeg
Whole below trunk 7 seater

Originally Posted by Philamg (Post 7826503)
It also removes the ability to stow the cargo bay cover if you put anything else in there - a pain.

In the 7 seater you still have that area below the lid where you can store the cargo bay cover. But nothing else fits in there!

Nico49_75 08-14-2019 08:02 AM

Other example of a GLE with second row seat adjustment without 3rd row option (in Slovakia):