GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

1st Time MB Buyer: Am I getting a good deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 08:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE
1st Time MB Buyer: Am I getting a good deal?

Hi! I'm a first time MB buyer. Previous cars were Volvo XC90 and Audi Q5. I downsized to the Q5 and now realize we need MORE legroom versus less when the kiddos get older. So... we are now looking to purchase a 2020 350 GLE. I've been working with a dealer and have settled on $60 for a Gray GLE with the following options; list price was $64,720:
  • AMG Night Package
  • Premium Package
  • Metal Weave Trim
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Augmented Video for Navigation
  • Panorama Roof
  • Trailer Hitch
  • Macchiato Beige Interior
  • Burmester Surrond Sound
I've read a couple threads at a 7-10% discount off list is a good deal and we are in that wheelhouse. I should also note that the dealer is also giving us maximum KBB trade in value on the Audi. I guess I'm trying to prevent any buyer's remorse in the event that the deals may be better later this year since the new model just came out. The panorama roof, heated steering wheel, metal weave trim, and hitch are not things we necessarily "wanted", but wouldn't mind having if the car is a good deal.

thanks in advance!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
GMC Terrain
Seems to be a good deal to me. Around 7% off isn't bad for what people seem to be getting. I don't think you can really prevent buyer's remorse if you're going to base it on deals that people get later. This vehicle just came out, if you want a better deal you're just going to need to wait longer. If you need it now, take comfort in the fact that no one is doing that much better. I bet you'll be happy with it.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE
Thanks so much. There is not an immediate "need" to buy. Our plan was to shop a bit, but this one came available and the dealer was definitely open to negotiations which surprised us a bit given it's a new model.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:34 PM

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts
2020 GLE 450 AMG exterior
Yeah, I agree with Jayce. And if you end up paying a little more now and missing a deal later on, just chalk it up the cost of getting to drive it that much sooner.
The following 2 users liked this post by bigpern23:
gmz.jax (05-22-2019), guitarplayer (05-26-2019)