GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Acoustic Comfort Package? Yes/No

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 08:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Acoustic Comfort Package? Yes/No

Looked through some threads that the acoustic comfort package was mentioned, I have a GLE on order and a day or two (?) to make changes to the order before the ship sails.

I understand what the acoustic comfort package is, but given the lack of inventory at the dealer I drove what was there. That said, I don’t recall one way or the other if the GLE I drove had the acoustic comfort package or not. I realize this like many things is subjective but am curious to know if any of you had the chance in the new GLE, not other models, to compare with or without the package. Maybe hard to tell on smooth pavement and which tire is on the vehicle. The dealer I was at had four GLEs and they all had the 20” wheels and each had a different brand and model of tire, one even had Coopers (I’m sure they are al MB spec tires).

I would go back to the dealer and see if I could compare with/without but I am 3 hours away. Thoughts regarding the acoustic comfort package, noticeable difference in cabin noise or not?

Last edited by edofloat; 07-17-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:07 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
what's the option code for it again?
Old 07-17-2019, 10:44 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by JaCe88
what's the option code for it again?
PAF
Old 07-18-2019, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by edofloat
Looked through some threads that the acoustic comfort package was mentioned, I have a GLE on order and a day or two (?) to make changes to the order before the ship sails.

I understand what the acoustic comfort package is, but given the lack of inventory at the dealer I drove what was there. That said, I don’t recall one way or the other if the GLE I drove had the acoustic comfort package or not. I realize this like many things is subjective but am curious to know if any of you had the chance in the new GLE, not other models, to compare with or without the package. Maybe hard to tell on smooth pavement and which tire is on the vehicle. The dealer I was at had four GLEs and they all had the 20” wheels and each had a different brand and model of tire, one even had Coopers (I’m sure they are al MB spec tires).

I would go back to the dealer and see if I could compare with/without but I am 3 hours away. Thoughts regarding the acoustic comfort package, noticeable difference in cabin noise or not?
I have it on our Audi and ordered it on the GLE but it was dropped somehow so I can’t comment with certainty. It reportedly offers better solar reflection with the glass and for sure better sound proofing in the cabin at highway speeds. Both our vehicles are very quiet but the Audi is quieter on the Freeway. My wife just mentioned this yesterday. Compared to a lot of cars the GLE is still quiet so not getting Acoustic Comfort wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me....just a nice add. What you don’t get today is a way to block tire noise on rough “Seal Coated Asphalt” roads. To me that’s the most obnoxious.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,191 Likes on 858 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Acoustic comfort

Originally Posted by edofloat
PAF
"DC5" is the package designation.