J D Powers Survey Callback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
J D Powers Survey Callback

At some point in the recent past I was asked to complete JD Powers survey regarding the purchase of my 2020 GLE. At some point in the survey I commented on my experience with voice response system in the vehicle. I was contacted by JD Powers yesterday again. Mercedes has asked them to followup with me on this. They feel that it will take 20 minutes and we have a time set for next week.

My only problem is that I have the system turned off because you can not be in my vehicle and use the word "Mercedes" in normal conversation without the system initiating and asking what it can do for me. The word "Hey" as in "Hey Mercedes" is not needed. So I turned it off and just use the control on the steering wheel to activate it. Not a big deal.

I have no idea what we can talk about for 20 minutes on this issue!!!

Has anyone else been involved in these follow ups? I have responded to their surveys on numerous other vehicles but this is the first time I actually was contacted afterwards.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
20 GLE on order, 17 GLC 300 4M, Ducati 1299R
Originally Posted by WA3CUJ
At some point in the recent past I was asked to complete JD Powers survey regarding the purchase of my 2020 GLE. At some point in the survey I commented on my experience with voice response system in the vehicle. I was contacted by JD Powers yesterday again. Mercedes has asked them to followup with me on this. They feel that it will take 20 minutes and we have a time set for next week.

My only problem is that I have the system turned off because you can not be in my vehicle and use the word "Mercedes" in normal conversation without the system initiating and asking what it can do for me. The word "Hey" as in "Hey Mercedes" is not needed. So I turned it off and just use the control on the steering wheel to activate it. Not a big deal.

I have no idea what we can talk about for 20 minutes on this issue!!!

Has anyone else been involved in these follow ups? I have responded to their surveys on numerous other vehicles but this is the first time I actually was contacted afterwards.
Planning to suggest/tell them to make the wake up work user configurable?
Old 09-15-2019, 09:39 AM
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 350
Originally Posted by edofloat
Planning to suggest/tell them to make the wake up work user configurable?
That was going to be my suggestion. Plan B would be to make sure that "Hey" must be part of it. Right now in my vehicle, you do not need to say "Hey" at all.
The following users liked this post:
jsa1983 (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
The “F” word used to be bad....now it’s the “M” word.