GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Bring Your Patience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 02:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 GLE350
Bring Your Patience

Came out of the car wash about 3 weeks ago only to notice that the driver side headlight seal had failed and there was moisture inside the "sealed" unit. Started to throw headlight and turn signal codes. Turned it over to the dealership two weeks ago today for repair/replacement. One of the parts, module of some sorts, has to come from Germany. Uh-oh. Heard today that they now expect to receive the part, wait for it,......... in February! Car has been otherwise flawless for a whole four months, 7000 miles.

A lot of people complain about Range Rovers, and my 2013 full size did have a fair share of early build manufacturing flaws. But most were resolved in no more than a week on the outside while waiting for parts. And it was also a completely new design at the time. Traded it with 142K miles on the GLE. I like my new GLE350 quite a lot, but MB sure won't win any engineering or design awards for this one. Not my first MB btw, by a long shot.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Now: Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Maserati Quattroporte (formerly Alfa Romeo Giulia and 911)
Originally Posted by Carszen
Came out of the car wash about 3 weeks ago only to notice that the driver side headlight seal had failed and there was moisture inside the "sealed" unit. Started to throw headlight and turn signal codes. Turned it over to the dealership two weeks ago today for repair/replacement. One of the parts, module of some sorts, has to come from Germany. Uh-oh. Heard today that they now expect to receive the part, wait for it,......... in February! Car has been otherwise flawless for a whole four months, 7000 miles.

A lot of people complain about Range Rovers, and my 2013 full size did have a fair share of early build manufacturing flaws. But most were resolved in no more than a week on the outside while waiting for parts. And it was also a completely new design at the time. Traded it with 142K miles on the GLE. I like my new GLE350 quite a lot, but MB sure won't win any engineering or design awards for this one. Not my first MB btw, by a long shot.
I'm sorry you're going though that. Hopefully they at least give you a nice loaner for that period of time.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 GLE350
Thanks galret. Kind of goes with the territory when buying a new design. The parts pipeline is never filled for awhile. Driving an almost new CLA. Not a bad little sedan, but a little on the cozy side compared to a large SUV. I will probably go in after the holiday and make some empty threats about lemon law etc and see if I can't get some escalation towards getting it fixed sooner. Waiting two months for a part really isn't acceptable.