GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

New Car problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GLE 350, 2018 c43 AMG
Angry New Car problems

My family leased a brand new 2020 GLE 350 and it hasn't been a pleasant experience. Within the first 2 weeks, the passenger side window motor stopped working and 2 weeks after that the driver side window motor stopped working. I think the car has bad motor mounts too since, the car will sometimes shake/vibrate randomly when idling in traffic. Finally, while all the driver assist sensors are cool, they tend to be an overkill, there have been many situations where the infotainment will flash red indicating that I might hit someone, only for there to be absolutely no one else besides me. Has anyone else had these issues or any idea what is causing them? The car is currently at the dealership where we bought it and has been there for almost a month. Besides these problems, the car is great, its very comfortable and it has tons of space, it drives very well especially compared to the last generations GLE.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2023 EQE 350 4matic / 2019 911 Carrera T
I’m dropping my car off tomorrow for constant message saying dirty radar sensor (when raining), and a airbag malfunction. In addition a couple of isolated issues. One being loss of power, which resolved itself with Turning the car on/off. Second is the track pad just stops responding when pushing down on it. It gets stuck in the down position. I chalk all that up to teething pains of a new car. Still love the car!
Old 01-04-2020, 12:02 AM

Received 123 Likes on 67 Posts
2023 GLC 300 4MATIC
8 months, 9,184 miles and it’s the favorite Benz I’ve owned since 1987.
The following users liked this post:
bikedude (01-04-2020)
Old 01-04-2020, 03:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,103 Likes on 808 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1. Power Windows - this is the 1st time I have heard of this problem really - however my concern is there was a Technical Service bulletin that some GLE were shipped with a "pinched air con drain hose" which has been know to be a cause of the backed up hose causing water to interfere/corrode/fail on a electronic control module that in part does handle accessory electrical operation including power windows. Hose is to be inspected andf/or replaced - and in problems like yours that electricl module needs to be examined and/or replaced.

2. Shake/vibration reports such as yours are sometimes related to "ECO Start/Stop" function where you won't notice when ECO "stops" your engine at idle - but you will feel brief ECO startup when your foot leaves the brakes.

3. Colliision Prevention Assist (or Brake Assist in new speak) is a forward radar-like sensor - and other highway devices (traffic counters, some traffic cams, etc operate on the same frequency can "setoff" the Alert alarm - I have not heard of anyone whoi has had misalert from Blind Spot (side sensors)

4. In some states 30-days at the dealer can be a starting point for "Lemon Law" Mercedes buyback/replacement