GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

I like my GLE450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 08:46 AM

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
20 GLE450, 16 C450, 15 GLK350
I like my GLE450

I've had a pretty uneventful opening 5,000 miles. Overall I love the car, I've seen a few minor glitches, but I really enjoy driving this vehicle (no small feat, coming out of a 3 year old S550). Sure, my key sometimes stays asleep when I get out of the car so I can't lock the car without shaking the key slightly, and I've twice had the right hand display go blank and reboot, but none of that detracts from my enjoyment. Anyone wondering if it is a good choice, I can just share that I'm thrilled.

Now I got the 450, and it is a brilliant engine. Really can't tell when the engine shuts off and the electric motor takes over, aside from the little icon that shows up. It is smooth, with more than enough power for my needs. I went with the upgraded leather seats, which are very comfy, and the massage feature is much better than my prior S-class (love the setting that includes hamstring massage). I have airmatic, and for a vehicle that I consider to be a truck, the ride is good; granted it not going to feel like you are driving around in a sedan when you hit bumps.

It feels well built, no rattles or noises worth mentioning. And I regularly receive compliments about how great it looks (AMG package with 21" rims). That's my story, personally I'd buy it again without hesitation.
The following 3 users liked this post by tommyr:
bigpern23 (01-15-2020), Hurricane1938 (01-15-2020), mjastuart (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 08:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Now: Alfa Romeo Stelvio, Maserati Quattroporte (formerly Alfa Romeo Giulia and 911)
Originally Posted by tommyr
I've had a pretty uneventful opening 5,000 miles. Overall I love the car, I've seen a few minor glitches, but I really enjoy driving this vehicle (no small feat, coming out of a 3 year old S550). Sure, my key sometimes stays asleep when I get out of the car so I can't lock the car without shaking the key slightly, and I've twice had the right hand display go blank and reboot, but none of that detracts from my enjoyment. Anyone wondering if it is a good choice, I can just share that I'm thrilled.

Now I got the 450, and it is a brilliant engine. Really can't tell when the engine shuts off and the electric motor takes over, aside from the little icon that shows up. It is smooth, with more than enough power for my needs. I went with the upgraded leather seats, which are very comfy, and the massage feature is much better than my prior S-class (love the setting that includes hamstring massage). I have airmatic, and for a vehicle that I consider to be a truck, the ride is good; granted it not going to feel like you are driving around in a sedan when you hit bumps.

It feels well built, no rattles or noises worth mentioning. And I regularly receive compliments about how great it looks (AMG package with 21" rims). That's my story, personally I'd buy it again without hesitation.
Thank you tommyr. It's good to hear your perspective.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
EQ Boost

Originally Posted by tommyr
Now I got the 450, and it is a brilliant engine. Really can't tell when the engine shuts off and the electric motor takes over, aside from the little icon that shows up. It is smooth, with more than enough power for my needs. I went with the upgraded leather seats, which are very comfy, and the massage feature is much better than my prior S-class (love the setting that includes hamstring massage).
In case you didn't know, the 48v EQ Boost integrated starter/generator never provides propulsion on its own. It only gives the gas engine extra oomph and provides starting. You may experience "Gliding" in Eco mode where the engine cuts off and it may feel like you are still being propelled, but you are just coasting.
The following users liked this post:
tommyr (01-15-2020)