GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Switching from Winter to Summer tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2020 | 03:34 PM

GLE 450
Switching from Winter to Summer tires

My car comes with 20" wheels, and I asked my dealer to install winter tires which I bought as full set with rims from them.

Since on the 20" wheels, the offset between front and rear is different, how can you tell by examining the wheels, which one belongs to the rear and which to the front?
Old 01-23-2020 | 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Which way's front?

Originally Posted by IconBycon
My car comes with 20" wheels, and I asked my dealer to install winter tires which I bought as full set with rims from them.

Since on the 20" wheels, the offset between front and rear is different, how can you tell by examining the wheels, which one belongs to the rear and which to the front?
The offset should be marked on the back of the wheels (see on my 21s below). That should let you tell between the two. Then chalk the tires so can quickly identify.

The following users liked this post:
tiri (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020 | 04:10 PM

GLE 450
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
The offset should be marked on the back of the wheels (see on my 21s below). That should let you tell between the two. Then chalk the tires so can quickly identify.
Thank you!
Old 01-23-2020 | 07:14 PM

2020 GLE 350 4Matic / Night Package / Premium Package / 21" Wheels
Hello All,

Hopefully this hasn't already been asked elsewhere and I've missed it.

I have a '20 GLE-350, and I purchased the 21-inch multispoke wheelset with it (love that set!) - those are my 'summer' tires set.

I was also able to find a set of factory take-offs (from a '20 GLE-350) of the 20-inch AMG 5-twin spoke aero wheels, complete with the factory TPMS sensors; I purchased a set of Nokian winter tires for those, and this is my 'winter' tires set.

My question: what (if any?) programming steps need to be taken to have my GLE read the winter set TPMS sensors? (And, if programming is needed, will that need to be re-programmed each time I swap between the summer & winter tire set?)

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-23-2020 | 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
TPMS restart

Originally Posted by bikedude
Hello All,

Hopefully this hasn't already been asked elsewhere and I've missed it.

I have a '20 GLE-350, and I purchased the 21-inch multispoke wheelset with it (love that set!) - those are my 'summer' tires set. I was also able to find a set of factory take-offs (from a '20 GLE-350) of the 20-inch AMG 5-twin spoke aero wheels, complete with the factory TPMS sensors; I purchased a set of Nokian winter tires for those, and this is my 'winter' tires set.

My question: what (if any?) programming steps need to be taken to have my GLE read the winter set TPMS sensors? (And, if programming is needed, will that need to be re-programmed each time I swap between the summer & winter tire set?)
You will need to do it each time, but it's very simple - see below. One caveat with the used sensors, Henry Stark ran into an issue where he was sold some older model sensors by the dealer that are not compatible with the V167; not sure if you will have that issue.

The following users liked this post:
bikedude (01-23-2020)