GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Key issues with GLE450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2020 | 01:48 AM

2020 GLE450, 2014 C300, 2017 GLC300
Unhappy Key issues with GLE450

Hello all,

Recently when I got into my car it says the key is not detected. Door unlock and lock functions work however all of a sudden the car won't start with the key for some odd reason. This was right after I got it back from the dealership after trying to get 2 other issues resolved.

Other issues I've experienced were the front driver side door not properly closing without slamming the door. Also, does anyone else experience the car veering sometimes? It sometimes feels like it wobbles. Unfortunately nothing was fixed, they just said make another appointment.

Just wondering if anyone else dealt with this key issue and if there were any fixes? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2020 | 09:31 AM

2020 GLE
Originally Posted by hardwoklife
Hello all,

Recently when I got into my car it says the key is not detected. Door unlock and lock functions work however all of a sudden the car won't start with the key for some odd reason. This was right after I got it back from the dealership after trying to get 2 other issues resolved.

Other issues I've experienced were the front driver side door not properly closing without slamming the door. Also, does anyone else experience the car veering sometimes? It sometimes feels like it wobbles. Unfortunately nothing was fixed, they just said make another appointment.

Just wondering if anyone else dealt with this key issue and if there were any fixes? Thanks in advance.
Key issues seem to be not uncommon here. Currently no fix other than someone mentioning that MB is working on a new batch of keys or something.

Could the car veering have something to do with the active lane keep assist? I experienced it first hand the other day trying to change lanes and the car forced me back into my original lane. It surprised me a little bit but a faster car zoomed by seconds later so I should be thankful for that.
Old 02-04-2020 | 09:11 AM

2013 C250
We seem to have key issues at times. You almost have to be in the car before it is recognized. This is almost impossible when I try to get in the wifes car. She is 5' and I'm over 6'. So the buttons on the door won't move the seat until my profile is hit on the system. It is frustrating. The old 2014 ML350 had no issues with this. jump 6 years in technology, and we are backwards.

Bill
Old 02-04-2020 | 10:26 AM

2020 GLE 450 + 2019 Audi eTron
Originally Posted by hardwoklife
Hello all,

Drivers door - I’ve had similar issues but have resigned to closing door firmly and live with it. If/when I bring car in for there issues I will have them check latch alignment
Old 02-04-2020 | 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Door memory buttons

Originally Posted by HEEPER
We seem to have key issues at times. You almost have to be in the car before it is recognized. This is almost impossible when I try to get in the wifes car. She is 5' and I'm over 6'. So the buttons on the door won't move the seat until my profile is hit on the system. It is frustrating. The old 2014 ML350 had no issues with this. jump 6 years in technology, and we are backwards.
Bill
The buttons should work without entering your profile, IF you have programmed it while her profile is active (buttons are different for each profile).
Old 02-10-2020 | 01:58 PM

'19 S560, '19 C63 Cab
I have detection issues most of the time. I have to tap the key in my pocket and then it works. Mine is it will not open or lock at times without doing the tap nor will the rear kick to open function without doing it.
THe is very annoying because my past vehicles rarely if ever had detection issues.