GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Car Wouldn't Start Many System Fail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 10:04 PM

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts
2024 GLE 580
Car Wouldn't Start Many System Fail

So today I'm 60 miles from home and jump into my car to head home. 2020 GLE450. Car won't start.Message says emergency break failure consult manual. Of course couldn't find anything in manual. Then as I sat there and tried to get started, one by one I would get a system failed message, ABS, 4Matic, Blind Side etc.. Entertainment center was asking for new user to set it up. Called Roadside. Meanwhile break lights were stuck on burning away. Funny thing I could remote start the car but of course when opening the door it would shut off.

Roadside came quick (MB of Princeton NJ). He hooked up a terminal to the car and it just said FAIL FAIL FAIL down the line. He started a tow truck on the way and planned on how I was getting home. Meanwhile he said let me try one more thing. He went under the drivers side seat and disconnected the battery. Waited about a minute and connected. All errors gone and car operating normally. Going to visit the shop tomorrow and see if they have any idea WTH happened.. In 22 years of driving Mercedes this was my second time needing Roadside. First was dead battery. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 03-01-2020, 10:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,988 Likes on 3,135 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Sorry the hear about the difficulties you experienced. There is a battery reset, reboot or disconnect discussion, the search button on this site will find it.

Last edited by chassis; 03-01-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Dead in the road

Originally Posted by bkushner
So today I'm 60 miles from home and jump into my car to head home. 2020 GLE450. Car won't start.Message says emergency break failure consult manual. Of course couldn't find anything in manual. Then as I sat there and tried to get started, one by one I would get a system failed message, ABS, 4Matic, Blind Side etc.. Entertainment center was asking for new user to set it up. Called Roadside. Meanwhile break lights were stuck on burning away. Funny thing I could remote start the car but of course when opening the door it would shut off.

Roadside came quick (MB of Princeton NJ). He hooked up a terminal to the car and it just said FAIL FAIL FAIL down the line. He started a tow truck on the way and planned on how I was getting home. Meanwhile he said let me try one more thing. He went under the drivers side seat and disconnected the battery. Waited about a minute and connected. All errors gone and car operating normally. Going to visit the shop tomorrow and see if they have any idea WTH happened.. In 22 years of driving Mercedes this was my second time needing Roadside. First was dead battery. Anyone have any thoughts?
Many have had similar issues. Software updates fixed it for me.