GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Trade-in cracked windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2020 | 09:17 PM

'21 Porsche Taycan Turbo / '25 Range Rover
Trade-in cracked windshield

I have a small ding in the windshield on the 2012 ML350 I'm going to be trading in ($13k trade in). What loss do you guys think I'll take on the trade in value? Worth replacing it before the trade in? And yes, the logical question is to ask the dealership, but in the past they always convince me to fix it before trading in, so trying to get an unbiased opinion
Old 03-09-2020 | 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
Well the unbiased "opinion" is this - (1) if the chip is repairable - have it repaired (2) if the chip is not repairable get a quote for generic (non-MB glass) replacement

With the quote for replacement - get dealer trade-in as is - if they bring up the windshield ask them for how much their trade-quote will be with it replaced - then look at your "cheat sheet" for the replacement - and decide then whether you replace or not.

Frankly check edmunds.com for your "trade-in" value - and with a 2012 in $$ condition of tires & brakes have a impact - on top of general condition of the vehcile
Old 03-09-2020 | 10:29 AM

gle
Originally Posted by amelen
I have a small ding in the windshield on the 2012 ML350 I'm going to be trading in ($13k trade in). What loss do you guys think I'll take on the trade in value? Worth replacing it before the trade in? And yes, the logical question is to ask the dealership, but in the past they always convince me to fix it before trading in, so trying to get an unbiased opinion
I just dealt with this exact issue. The dealership was going to take well over 1k off my trade-in price if I didn't get the windshield replaced with an OEM windshield. They wouldn't even accept a non-OEM.
Old 03-11-2020 | 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A gaggle of MB's
For Mercedes CPO Certification - yes the dealer "needs" OE windshield - but a 2012 ML350 generic windshield will do - just a question of how much you get for the dollars you might spend