GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Cameras

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2020 | 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Cameras

So yesterday I went and test drove a GLS around the parking lot to see how it was to park in and out of small spaces. To see if I would like it better than the GLE I have coming. Well I didn’t like it but I noticed this about the 360 cameras on it (see picture below). I‘ve always thought the 360 cameras were better in my ‘16 GLE vs newer loaners I’ve had and even my wife’s E class. But this GLS had the front and side cameras not meshing together very well on the screen. Is there a setting that can adjust this? Can the dealer fix it with a service? Does anyone’s GLE do this? Just curious because it was really annoying when using it near curbs and other cars. I’m asking here because if it is a GLS problem I could care less and I don’t remember it on the GLE’s I test drove.
Thanks.

Old 03-13-2020 | 11:12 AM
Banned

2020 GLE 350
I took a closer look at my cameras this morning, and yes they do show the distortion that you show, although not to the degree that is shown in your picture. They are very clear until a little more than a foot in front of the vehicle and then there is a slight distortion. It is so slight that until your post I never noticed it before. That is plenty of visibility for me to maneuver near any curb.
The following users liked this post:
BACnMercedes (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020 | 12:02 PM
Out Of Control!!
MBWorld Ambassador

2017 GLE350 4MATIC
The cameras are behaving, optically, just fine. Wide angle lenses imaging objects at small subject to camera distances behave as you demonstrated. The question I think you are asking, is does MB have an image processing algorithm (a version of Photoshop or similar) to display the image. Please let us know what you learn.