GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Tire Recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 10:25 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 450 / E450 Cabriolet
Tire Recommendation

Well, after 15,000 miles on my 450 I'm down to 5/32 on my run-flat 19" Bridgestone Alenza's. I do not drive this car hard so I'm a little surprised by the wear they show.

I do have a set of winter tires so I need a quiet riding, longer lasting spring, summer, and fall tire. I'm in a western NY climate. I have one of the early deliveries that got a spare with run-flats. Should I stay with run-flats?

I have 3 years left on my lease so I'm thinking of getting new ones now and saving the current 5/32's for lease turn in time.

Any recommendations on what tires to get?

Last edited by DaveD9; 03-15-2020 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Replacement 19" tires

Originally Posted by DaveD9
Well, after 15,000 miles on my 450 I'm down to 5/32 on my run-flat 19" Bridgestone Alenza's. I do not drive this car hard so I'm a little surprised by the wear they show.

I do have a set of winter tires so I need a quiet riding, longer lasting spring, summer, and fall tire. I'm in a western NY climate. I have one of the early deliveries that got a spare with run-flats. Should I stay with run-flats?

I have 3 years left on my lease so I'm thinking of getting new ones now and saving the current 5/32's for lease turn in time.

Any recommendations on what tires to get?
I would ditch the run-flats if you have a spare. I would also go up a size, as the standard 255/50s are undersized (O.D.) compared to the 20s - go 255/55-19. In that size some options would be Michelin Latitude Tour HP or Premier LTX, or Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season
Old 03-16-2020, 06:46 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 450 / E450 Cabriolet
Thanks Greg! Not sure if I ever posted my Pirelli story here.

I was trying to get the Pirelli contract for my business many years ago. They had just opened a new plant down south. I had a VP of Pirelli in my Volvo S60r traveling to some of my other customers to see our operation. We hit a pot hole that did not seem too hard. The car had Pirelli P3's on it.

When we got to our destination the VP got out and noticed the tire had a bulge. He started to point at it, broke out in a belly laugh and said "Whooo looks like we made some money today, you need a new Pirelli"

We did not get the account and I promised to never buy another Pirelli product as long as I live.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 825 Likes on 530 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by DaveD9
Thanks Greg! Not sure if I ever posted my Pirelli story here.

I was trying to get the Pirelli contract for my business many years ago. They had just opened a new plant down south. I had a VP of Pirelli in my Volvo S60r traveling to some of my other customers to see our operation. We hit a pot hole that did not seem too hard. The car had Pirelli P3's on it.

When we got to our destination the VP got out and noticed the tire had a bulge. He started to point at it, broke out in a belly laugh and said "Whooo looks like we made some money today, you need a new Pirelli"

We did not get the account and I promised to never buy another Pirelli product as long as I live.
Pirelli make rubbish tires. I would never buy Pirellii by choice. I always buy Michelin. Goodyear and Bridgestone also make good tires.
The following users liked this post:
Henry Stark (03-16-2020)