GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Android Auto Phone Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 11:51 PM

Received 134 Likes on 101 Posts
2023 GLE63S - Edition 55
Android Auto Phone Issue

I've been battling this issue for weeks since I got this car. Everything works great when connected to Bluetooth, however, when I plug in my Samsung Galaxy S10, I can't seem to use the phone... When I press the phone icon on the Android Auto screen, I get the message "To place a new call, end other calls and try again". I find if I turn off the Bluetooth on my phone, Android Auto turns it back on and then the phone seems to work, however if I try to make a call I get another weird message "To use car mic, end other calls". I've tried messing with every functionI can think of, I've forgotten the phone and re-paired it, I've forgotten the vehicle in AA and re-added it, the same errors come up. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:35 AM

2023 GLE63S - Edition 55
Lots of views but no replies ... Is this an iOS only group or people using AA are having no issues? Please let me know if you are using AA and the phone option works ... I'd be interested to know what device you are using, maybe it's an incompatibility with my Samsung Galaxy S10?

I was at the dealer last week and I tried my phone in 2 separate cars and had the same issue. It's really odd, you have to plug the phone in and as soon as AA starts, try clicking on the phone icon in AA. The error appears and u can't make a call. If you receive a call before doing this, everything seems to work fine. Calling using Google Assistant also works fine, it's only when you try to press the phone icon immediately after plugging in.

Hopefully someone with an Android device can try and let me know if they experience the same issue. Thank you !
Old 11-22-2020, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
I used AA with a Pixel 4-GLE 450...no problems except no full screen. Now that Google has switched to YouTube music will have to see if everything still works-if I ever get my car.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:20 PM

2023 GLE63S - Edition 55
Originally Posted by Ron.s
I used AA with a Pixel 4-GLE 450...no problems except no full screen. Now that Google has switched to YouTube music will have to see if everything still works-if I ever get my car.
Funny you mention YT Music, I migrated to YT music and had issues with random songs refusing to play ... getting data errors. I wasn't a fan of the YT interface so I ended up switching to Spotify. Everything works perfectly and I find the interface and overall selection better.