GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Navigation doesnt show suburb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE400d
Navigation doesnt show suburb

Hi all. I am a proud new owner of a 2021 GLE400d and am having 'user' issues with getting the sat nav to show a destination suburb. When I look up 21 Gordon Ave, Toorak, (example only) the results I get are all in the suburb of Melbourne which makes it impossible to choose the correct destination. I can't find anything in settings that relates to suburb display.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

DC
Old 05-13-2022, 08:17 AM

GLC200
Originally Posted by DaveCaldwell
Hi all. I am a proud new owner of a 2021 GLE400d and am having 'user' issues with getting the sat nav to show a destination suburb. When I look up 21 Gordon Ave, Toorak, (example only) the results I get are all in the suburb of Melbourne which makes it impossible to choose the correct destination. I can't find anything in settings that relates to suburb display.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

DC
Did you ever find the answer to this ? I have the same problem in Sydney. Suburbs don’t show - it just says “Smith St, Sydney” and lists 10 of them - totally useless.

Bit sad to see you ask this so long ago and no answer.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:48 AM

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts
2021 GLE 350, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2023 Polestar 2, '73 Alfa GTV
How about if you use 'Hey Mercedes', does it help? Disclosure, I'm from Melbourne even though I live in California.
Old 05-14-2022, 01:33 AM

GLC200
Hi. Thanks for the reply. If I use “Hey Mercedes” it’s the same result. She will accept the address, but says it in the order ‘Street Name’, ‘City’, ‘Suburb’. So it works when she understands me, but the address will appear on the map, or previous destinations, or any other part of the system, as ‘Street’ ‘City’ only.

I was really hoping there was a setting somewhere to force it to show addresses as ‘Street’ ‘Suburb’ ‘City’. Sydney is a city of 5.4 million people. There are 100s of street names duplicated all over the city. So showing everything as ‘Street name’ ‘Sydney’ is frustrating and makes the usefulness of the system low and I just use my phone to ensure I’ve got the right address.

is there such a setting somewhere ?
Old 07-06-2022, 05:52 PM

GLC200
Originally Posted by nertieb.oz
Hi. Thanks for the reply. If I use “Hey Mercedes” it’s the same result. She will accept the address, but says it in the order ‘Street Name’, ‘City’, ‘Suburb’. So it works when she understands me, but the address will appear on the map, or previous destinations, or any other part of the system, as ‘Street’ ‘City’ only.

I was really hoping there was a setting somewhere to force it to show addresses as ‘Street’ ‘Suburb’ ‘City’. Sydney is a city of 5.4 million people. There are 100s of street names duplicated all over the city. So showing everything as ‘Street name’ ‘Sydney’ is frustrating and makes the usefulness of the system low and I just use my phone to ensure I’ve got the right address.

is there such a setting somewhere ?
just bumping this. Surely this is a problem in major cities around the world, where street names are repeated. For some stupid reason MBUX lists all the addresses as ‘Street’, ‘City’, ‘Suburb’ , and then the display cuts off the third word. So everything is listed as ‘Smith Street, Sydney’. Whereas the results should say ‘Smith Street Bondi Sydney’ and ‘Smith Street Paddington Sydney’. So absolutely impossible to know which address is the right one in the list of ten ‘Smith Street Sydney’ addresses.

so basicLly we don’t ever look up addresses in the system. What a joke for a modern car - so frustrating. Was really hoping there is a setting somewhere to switch the order.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
This is just a guess, but try tapping one of the addresses that's displayed. I think you will get a pop-up with more information about that choice, and even show you the routes on a map, if you tap again.
The following users liked this post:
Aggie57 (07-07-2022)
Old 07-07-2022, 01:14 AM

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts
2021 GLE 350, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2023 Polestar 2, '73 Alfa GTV
In the US there’s really no equivalent of a suburb. They use zip (a.k.a. Post) codes to differentiate streets of the same name, followed by the city. So say you’re looking for an address in South Yarra you could start with Church St or Chapel St but you’d know the one you’re looking for is in 3141.