GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Under mirror Mercedes logo light.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2021 | 07:56 AM

2021 GLE 63
Under mirror Mercedes logo light.

Lat night I noticed that the Mercedes logo (both sides) wasn’t on when I opened doors. I checked the locator lights were on in the menu and tried turning on and off but nothing changed. Am I kissing something? They did the mirror mod on mine for the whistling windo which now seems to have worked. Thanks.
Old 06-20-2021 | 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Not sure about the lights, but what is this “mirror mod” you speak of? I heard of people saying their mirrors whistle but I hadn’t heard of a fix.
Old 06-20-2021 | 03:44 PM

2021 GLE 63
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
Not sure about the lights, but what is this “mirror mod” you speak of? I heard of people saying their mirrors whistle but I hadn’t heard of a fix.
MB has two repairs in their service manual I guess which most have said was unsuccessful. First is that they open the mirror assembly and use foam and tape to I believe fill in areas that might cause the whistle. If that doesn’t work, they will replace the mirror. I had the first step done and heard the whistle afterwards but I before I went for step two, the sound seems to have subsided so I’m going to give it a bit and see if it lasts.
The following users liked this post:
BACnMercedes (06-21-2021)