GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Heated seat setting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 04:33 PM

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
2022 GLE 450, 2024 Volvo XC 60
Heated seat setting

I had my heated seat setting in use. I could have sworn that after turning off the vehicle, the settings defaulted to off. Now I notice that they are at the same setting I had before I exited the vehicle. Shouldn't the heated seat setting be off after turning off the vehicle?
Old 01-11-2022, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,943 Likes on 2,631 Posts
2019 C63CS
If it works the same as in other models, then it remembers the heated seat setting for a brief period after shutting off the car, and if you get back in it within that time window then it will be at your previous setting, but if the car is parked for longer, then it will be off the next time. I don't know how long that time window is, but this is how it works in my car. Also, the seat heating automatically turns down from 3 to 2, then 1 and then off over about 30 minutes while you are driving. It doesn't stay on forever. If I remember it stays on 3 for about 20 minutes, then turns down to 2 for about 8 minutes, then 1 for about 5 minutes and then off, or something like that. Should be explained in the owners manual.
The following users liked this post:
Imanone (01-11-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 04:45 PM

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
2022 GLE 450, 2024 Volvo XC 60
Originally Posted by superswiss
If it works the same as in other models, then it remembers the heated seat setting for a brief period after shutting off the car, and if you get back in it within that time window then it will be at your previous setting, but if the car is parked for longer, then it will be off the next time. I don't know how long that time window is, but this is how it works in my car. Also, the seat heating automatically turns down from 3 to 2, then 1 and then off over about 30 minutes while you are driving. It doesn't stay on forever. If I remember it stays on 3 for about 20 minutes, then turns down to 2 for about 8 minutes, then 1 for about 5 minutes and then off, or something like that. Should be explained in the owners manual.
Thanks. I do remember seeing it go from 3 to 2, but I turned it off before it hit 1. Never need it too long in my climate.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,695 Likes on 2,292 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
If I remember correctly it is especially beneficial when you remote start the vehicle and had that setting on before you leave your vehicle and the seats are toasty warm when you get in. Still wish you can set what turns on when remote starting though.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,032 Likes on 700 Posts
2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Thats exactly how the GLE works with the Rapid Heating seat option. It only retains the heat setting for a short time. It seems to hold for about 10-15 minutes but I haven’t timed it.
Also, if you set it on 3 it will automatically drop to 2 after it gets hot and then 1.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ron.s:
cupecoy (01-12-2022), Imanone (01-11-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 11:00 AM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts
2021 GLE450W4 SUV
Mine works exactly like that.