GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

GLE450 v.s GLS450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 c43
GLE450 v.s GLS450

Just want to get some idea as if GLE is as good as GLS? other than the 3rd row where GLS more spaces than GLE. I guess the GLE450 is as good as GLS450?

Old 03-05-2022, 07:24 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 450
I just bought a loaded GLE 450. Once optioned up the GLE price gets to 100k, so they can get very close in price. The dealer had both in stock and they where the only two vehicles in the showroom. Went back and forth between them. Size is the main difference. With the upgrade leather and multi contour seats the interior of the GLE is outstanding and every bit equal to the s class. I could detect no difference going back and forth with them side by side. A rare opportunity today!
The GLE with the AMG exterior and 22” wheels just looked so much better next to the GLS. Had to buy it. I think the GLE looks sportier. Not sure I’ll like the tire limitations of the 22” wheels but the ride on Florida roads has been surprisingly good.
We actually went shopping for a S class car for my wife, but every S class car had so much missing and credited on the invoice we just had to walk away. I couldn’t believe they tried to sell these so neutered. However, the GLE in the showroom caught our eye and it had almost every option with a Jan 22 build date. Seemed odd the GLE had options but not on the S class. So we bought it. She really likes it to my surprise. This thing looks beefy, love the electric folding third row!
The following users liked this post:
milsons200 (03-09-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 06:35 PM

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts
2020 Mercedes GLE350 4Matic; 2023 Tesla Model Y
Originally Posted by wkoukios
I just bought a loaded GLE 450. Once optioned up the GLE price gets to 100k, so they can get very close in price. The dealer had both in stock and they where the only two vehicles in the showroom. Went back and forth between them. Size is the main difference. With the upgrade leather and multi contour seats the interior of the GLE is outstanding and every bit equal to the s class. I could detect no difference going back and forth with them side by side. A rare opportunity today!
The GLE with the AMG exterior and 22” wheels just looked so much better next to the GLS. Had to buy it. I think the GLE looks sportier. Not sure I’ll like the tire limitations of the 22” wheels but the ride on Florida roads has been surprisingly good.
We actually went shopping for a S class car for my wife, but every S class car had so much missing and credited on the invoice we just had to walk away. I couldn’t believe they tried to sell these so neutered. However, the GLE in the showroom caught our eye and it had almost every option with a Jan 22 build date. Seemed odd the GLE had options but not on the S class. So we bought it. She really likes it to my surprise. This thing looks beefy, love the electric folding third row!
Electric folding 3rd row? Is that new for 22–I don’t recall seeing that as an option for my 2020, my 3rd row is mechanical, 2nd row is electric.
The following users liked this post:
milsons200 (03-09-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 09:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE 450
Yep 3rd row is manual. I should have just said electric folding seats. They are very nice.
The following 2 users liked this post by wkoukios:
milsons200 (03-09-2022), TexAg91 (03-05-2022)
Old 03-09-2022, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 c43
Originally Posted by wkoukios
I found out about GLE model when Merc service centre gave me a short ride while my car was in service. I have to say the new GLE's ride quality is superb! it's almost as good as S class (last gen), better than the current E class for me. I am waiting for the new facelift should be available later this year.

One of sales happen to be a good friend of mine also suggested GLE450 is the best pick out of all models from GLE.

Enjoy your new GLE450!

Last edited by milsons200; 03-09-2022 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2022, 10:37 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
GLS450
What I want to know is why can't we have a GLS 53? GLE 53 is amazing and perfect compromise on sporty elements. My GLS 450 is coming this month and I would have gladly paid up for that extra supercharger and valved tuned up exhaust.

Last edited by ACC2; 03-10-2022 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-10-2022, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 215 Likes on 149 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by ACC2
What I want to know is why can't we have a GLS 43? GLE 43 is amazing and perfect compromise on sporty elements. My GLS 450 is coming this month and I would have gladly paid up for that extra supercharger and valved tuned up exhaust.
The 450 is more than enough. You press the pedal it will go. The best feature of the 450 is how thrifty it is on the petrol. I am averaging 27mpg on the highway doing 65-70mph. Around town if you keep the needle below 2000 rpm and learn to let go of the gas pedal to coast to the stop light I get 19-20mpg. That is like diesel MPG right there. Another thing is that if you go with the 3rd row option you can have a very usable, adult friendly leg space on the 3rd row if you do the 2nd row hack. I will only go with the GLS if you really need a ton more room on the back or if you will use the 3rd row every day.