GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

New build Missing Multicontour Seats; how important?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE450
New build Missing Multicontour Seats; how important?

Back in October we ordered a heavily optioned GLE450. It's just been built and is awaiting shipment. Our sales rep has let us know that the factory omitted the Power Passenger Seat with Memory (P64) and the Multicontour Front Seats with Massage (399). I don't think the memory passenger seat is worth losing much sleep over, but I am very disappointed about the missing multicontour/massage seats. The build sheet does show that the Warmth and Comfort package was included (along with Heated and Ventilated Seats, Driver Assistance, Intelligent Lighting, AMG Body Styling, HUD, Acoustic, etc). So it's still a nice car.

We're in our sixties, and will use the car locally but also for long drives, including an annual 6,000 mile cross country round trip. We tend to keep vehicles for several years, so it's unlikely we'll be replacing it soon. We enjoy the massaging seat function on one of our existing vehicles. We can of course refuse delivery and try a new order or even switch brands (BMW?), but that almost certainly means we will not have the vehicle for our trip this summer.

Do most people find the "standard" seats sufficiently comfortable for extended driving sessions? New inventory is virtually non-existent, so trying them locally isn't easy. We really want to accept this car, but at this price point, I don't want to be in pain after a few 500 mile days. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Old 03-08-2022, 01:00 PM

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts
2021 53 AMG SUV, 2021 GMC Denali, 2015 Bentley Speed convertable
I had the standard seats on my 43AMG and the Multicontour on my 53AMG with massage and I noticed a big difference in comfort getting the upgraded seats.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:59 AM

Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
2021 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Norcalpablo
Back in October we ordered a heavily optioned GLE450. It's just been built and is awaiting shipment. Our sales rep has let us know that the factory omitted the Power Passenger Seat with Memory (P64) and the Multicontour Front Seats with Massage (399). I don't think the memory passenger seat is worth losing much sleep over, but I am very disappointed about the missing multicontour/massage seats. The build sheet does show that the Warmth and Comfort package was included (along with Heated and Ventilated Seats, Driver Assistance, Intelligent Lighting, AMG Body Styling, HUD, Acoustic, etc). So it's still a nice car.

We're in our sixties, and will use the car locally but also for long drives, including an annual 6,000 mile cross country round trip. We tend to keep vehicles for several years, so it's unlikely we'll be replacing it soon. We enjoy the massaging seat function on one of our existing vehicles. We can of course refuse delivery and try a new order or even switch brands (BMW?), but that almost certainly means we will not have the vehicle for our trip this summer.

Do most people find the "standard" seats sufficiently comfortable for extended driving sessions? New inventory is virtually non-existent, so trying them locally isn't easy. We really want to accept this car, but at this price point, I don't want to be in pain after a few 500 mile days. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
We use the massage feature all the time. When you’re spending that much money on a vehicle, you should get what you wanted and not settle for less.

Cheers
The following users liked this post:
kvelez (03-11-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 01:52 PM

GLE450
I sincerely appreciate the feedback! Honestly, I was hoping for responses that would make us feel better about accepting the car as-is; we don't have a good Plan B. I realize that we are incredibly fortunate that this is one of my concerns in life. Many people have real problems!
Old 03-10-2022, 08:12 PM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
Our 2022 GLE 450 could not be ordered with the Multicontour Seats. While we do have the Napa Leather Sport seats which are very comfortable, we now use the Energized Seat Kinetics feature which offers some modicum level of relief for a brief time.
The following users liked this post:
kvelez (03-11-2022)
Old 03-11-2022, 02:34 PM

GLE450
I sincerely appreciate all of your feedback. Frankly, I was secretly hoping you would say the standard seats are very good, and we shouldn't worry. I wish we had a viable Plan B. Well, given what is happening in the world, I like to remind myself how lucky we are to have such insignificant problems in life. Again, thank you for your help.

Paul