GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2022 GLE 350 HERMES MODULE PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL600 - SLK350 - G550 - GLS450
2022 GLE 350 HERMES MODULE PROBLEM

I'm having intermittent problems with my GLE lately. Hermes module shows intermittent faults and disconnection issues.

If the module becomes inactive or faulty.. which services will be affected? Will my car be able to be tracked down in case on a theft? I don't want insurance increase because of that....

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2022, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by AvechuchoAxel
I'm having intermittent problems with my GLE lately. Hermes module shows intermittent faults and disconnection issues.

If the module becomes inactive or faulty.. which services will be affected? Will my car be able to be tracked down in case on a theft? I don't want insurance increase because of that....

Thanks for the info.
How do you know the status of your Hermes?
Dash warnings, Mercedes me app?
Old 04-02-2022, 04:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gle 300d
Yes had the same problem for 3 weeks. I called a couple of times using the Mercedes me button on the car and I was told that my telematics module needed an update.. Then called again and spoke to Customer Care rep and complained heavily.... by the evening continuous connection on 4G LTE was reestablished... It was from their backend.
Old 04-02-2022, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,943 Likes on 2,631 Posts
2019 C63CS
Supposedly they are switching from AT&T to T-Mobile and some of the HERMES modules are getting bricked apparently when they are doing it. There is no official communication about this switch, but I've heard that it's giving them headaches and some modules need manual intervention for the switch to be successful. It's supposed to be just an OTA update that provisions the eSIM for T-Mobile from AT&T. I have no idea where they are with this and which vehicles are getting switched. I think the current vehicles already come with T-Mobile provisioned from the factory. I'm personally not excited about it as T-Mobile has crappy coverage in my area. I don't think my C63 has been switched yet or whether it will get switched at all. I'm also not certain that it will be for all the communication or just the hotspot. My complimentary 3-years is up in September, so whatever happens with this will be a factor in whether I'm gonna renew or not.