GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Ordered: Build time???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2022 | 07:59 AM

BMW X5
Ordered: Build time???

i ordered a GLE 450 two month ago. I have a friend who works for MB USA who gave me a friends and family discount code. The dealer accepted it but was not thrilled.

When I ordered it he said 12-16 weeks. A few weeks ago a called to check if he had an update and he said August. Yesterday I check and he said October maybe.

I am trying to figure out if the production is really this messed up or am I getting jerked around because of the discount code

does anyone have any insights?
thanks
Mike
Old 04-16-2022 | 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by mlgatl
i ordered a GLE 450 two month ago. I have a friend who works for MB USA who gave me a friends and family discount code. The dealer accepted it but was not thrilled.

When I ordered it he said 12-16 weeks. A few weeks ago a called to check if he had an update and he said August. Yesterday I check and he said October maybe.

I am trying to figure out if the production is really this messed up or am I getting jerked around because of the discount code

thanks
Mike
Can't tell you but that sounds suspect. I would ask for a PDF of the status from their NetStar system. That would show each event in the order. Do you have PO number? That's how orders are tracked.
Old 04-16-2022 | 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by mlgatl

thanks
Mike
The Discount Code doesn't affect the Dealership's bottom line. It's a Fleet Discount, similar to the new MBCA discount (I'm pretty sure - that's what my F&I said).
Most Dealers welcome the additional business.
Old 04-16-2022 | 01:44 PM

GLE 450 4MATIC 2022
Originally Posted by mikapen
The Discount Code doesn't affect the Dealership's bottom line. It's a Fleet Discount, similar to the new MBCA discount (I'm pretty sure - that's what my F&I said).
Most Dealers welcome the additional business.
The effect it has on the dealer is one less desirable model that they can retail for above MSRP. And most dealers at this time do not want to accept an MBDeal as it's called. I had an MBDEAL last November and it was a challenge to find a MB dealer to accept it. I did find a dealer in MD and ordered my specific options in late November. It was built on Feb. 23 and was delayed waiting for parts. Arrived at dealer on March 24th. The MBDeal is 12.25% off MSRP.
Old 04-16-2022 | 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by A-Snake
The effect it has on the dealer is one less desirable model that they can retail for above MSRP. And most dealers at this time do not want to accept an MBDeal as it's called. I had an MBDEAL last November and it was a challenge to find a MB dealer to accept it. I did find a dealer in MD and ordered my specific options in late November. It was built on Feb. 23 and was delayed waiting for parts. Arrived at dealer on March 24th. The MBDeal is 12.25% off MSRP.
I don't know what an MBDeal is.
If it's a Family or MBCA "discount" program, it's not a discount that's specified, but a Fleet Credit directly to the Dealer, and they subtract that Credit from your total. You negotiate the Total, (In these times it's likely over MSRP) but it's Profit Neutral to the Dealer. You benefit.
https://www.mbusa.com/en/fleet-program
Old 04-16-2022 | 02:18 PM

GLE 450 4MATIC 2022
Originally Posted by mikapen
I don't know what an MBDeal is.
If it's a Family or MBCA "discount" program, it's not a discount that's specified, but a Fleet Credit directly to the Dealer, and they subtract that Credit from your total. You negotiate the Total, (In these times it's likely over MSRP) but it's Profit Neutral to the Dealer. You benefit.
https://www.mbusa.com/en/fleet-program
You are describing something entirely different. The MBDEAL is for retired employees or 'friends'. It is specific, 12.25% off MSRP and you are required to not export or sell the vehicle for 12 months.
Old 04-16-2022 | 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GMC Canyon Denali..... 2018 Audi SQ5
You are describing something entirely different. The MBDEAL is for retired employees or 'friends'. It is specific, 12.25% off MSRP and you are required to not export or sell the vehicle for 12 months.
Correct…my Dealer was going to give me that deal on a GLE 63 but some options were NA and then Merc suspended production. The Dealer also said that buy backs are taken out of their allocation but I thought that F&Family were extra allocations…not certain about that.
Old 04-16-2022 | 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I understand.
Here's what I was talking about. Pickin's are slim these days, but the programs change regularly. $1,000 for our GLE53 last March.
https://www.mbca.org/mbusa-incentives
Old 04-18-2022 | 09:51 AM

2022 GLE450
@mikapen the MBCA is different. Its a nice discount but they are talking about MB itself and their discount for friends/family. I know employees used to get two a year but no idea what it is now.
Old 04-18-2022 | 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hutch300
@mikapen the MBCA is different. Its a nice discount but they are talking about MB itself and their discount for friends/family. I know employees used to get two a year but no idea what it is now.
I understand that now. Earlier I thought that Family was a Fleet program, too
However the MBCA is a Fleet credit to the dealer, not a discount. Applied after negotiations.