GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

2023 GLE 53 - noisey buzzing after the engine is turned off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2023, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 53
2023 GLE 53 - noisey buzzing after the engine is turned off

Hey, just picked up my new GLE 53 and everything is perfect so far besides one thing.
I don't know whether that's some issue with the car or this is how it's supposed to be.

After I drive for a couple of minutes & I turn the engine off there's a buzzing sound coming off from under the hood (passenger side).

After few minutes (I think up to 10, though I haven't tested how long does it take) the buzzing ends.

I am suspicious that it may be related to webasto package (which allows me to plan when I want to cool down/heat up the interior) I've added, but honestly I don't know.

Any ideas, or have you encountered the same behavior?
Old 01-27-2023, 08:06 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLE 63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by d2201
Hey, just picked up my new GLE 53 and everything is perfect so far besides one thing.
I don't know whether that's some issue with the car or this is how it's supposed to be.

After I drive for a couple of minutes & I turn the engine off there's a buzzing sound coming off from under the hood (passenger side).

After few minutes (I think up to 10, though I haven't tested how long does it take) the buzzing ends.

I am suspicious that it may be related to webasto package (which allows me to plan when I want to cool down/heat up the interior) I've added, but honestly I don't know.

isn’t this just the fans cooling off the engine after running? My 63s does this for awhile.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
I had a loaner GLC for awhile and it did the same thing. Front passenger side of the engine compartment. I have no clue what it was and really didn’t worry too much about it since it wasn’t my car. But what you are experiencing might be normal.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by d2201

Your Webasto package might complicate diagnosis, but I have a question.

It's normal for the oil to continue circulating for a while, to cool the turbo. It makes what I call a "different" sound, which concerned me at first.

Here's my question:
Is it more apparent after you you've been driving hard? Is it almost non-existent if you've just been toddling around?

If so, it's probably the turbo cooling.
I expect both oil and coolant are doing their things.

I'm not aware of a cooling system for the supercharger.
Old 01-30-2023, 12:18 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2022 Ram 2500 Diesel Limited
In my other turbo cars, the turbo cooler still runs to cool the turbos down. Also, the electric fan still on to cool the engine.