PPF experience/cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 12:40 PM
uts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord
PPF experience/cost

Hello everyone once again. Wanted to thank everyone for guiding me in our purchase of a higher mileage cpo 580. Now that it's in the garage we thought PPF might be a good idea.

I asked around and got a few quotes to wrap the entire front end, rocker panels, door cups and trunk loading area and all quotes were between 3.4-3.8k + tax. All are xpel ultimate 8, with the higher 3.8k quote being 10mil-they are also the highest rated/reviewed in my area (central CT).

Just wanted to see how many people have gotten it done and does it seem worth it. Our car is not a 100k purchase (half that) so im struggling a but with the idea of spending another 4k. Car will mostly be highway driven, no off roads and no gravel roads/driveways (Already purchased cpo ext and PPM before someone asks). I was thinking when the time comes I wanted to upgrade to the gle63 brakes. A highly rated local installer said they would bf able to do that for 1k labor which seemed reasonable.

Thanks as always!
Old 02-03-2023, 11:31 AM

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts
AMG GLE63S, X5M Comp, CTT, ZO6, Raptor
Had full front end paint corrected on 7 mile GLE with Suntek Reaction installed for $2k (hood, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, B-pillars plus rear luggage loading area). Reaction installed correctly is invisible and optically clear with wrapped edges and removed emblems then replaced. It has ceramic infused and is the clearest one I’ve seen compared to Xpel’s. Had the rest of the vehicle paint corrected and two coats of CQuartz Finest Reserve applied to entire vehicle, full wheel off clean and coating including calipers plus all glass for $1500 more. Think that’s a pretty good price based on my research.

Did exact same to the X5M Competition too.

Good luck
The following users liked this post:
molosmiles (02-15-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 661 Likes on 490 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Vyper340vb
Had full front end paint corrected on 7 mile GLE with Suntek Reaction installed for $2k (hood, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, B-pillars plus rear luggage loading area). Reaction installed correctly is invisible and optically clear with wrapped edges and removed emblems then replaced. It has ceramic infused and is the clearest one I’ve seen compared to Xpel’s. Had the rest of the vehicle paint corrected and two coats of CQuartz Finest Reserve applied to entire vehicle, full wheel off clean and coating including calipers plus all glass for $1500 more. Think that’s a pretty good price based on my research.

Did exact same to the X5M Competition too.

Good luck
Seems like a good price. What region is this?
The following users liked this post:
molosmiles (02-15-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 10:02 AM

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts
AMG GLE63S, X5M Comp, CTT, ZO6, Raptor
Virginia Beach
Old 02-05-2023, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
I think it's a waste of money. The film doesn't last forever and if left in place too long (many years) it will become discolored, difficult to remove and can actually damage the paint. In addition, this is a mass produced vehicle which is nothing more than a depreciating appliance. Drive it and don't worry about it, unless you are trying to keep it perfect for the next owner for some reason.