GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

New 2022 GLE450 Issues after 4 months

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,549 Likes on 2,167 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by HotRodW
You're correct - Mazda has come a long way. I think their decision to use a torsion beam rear on the CX-50 was a mistake, but I understand why they did it. And for the most part it works fine. From a value perspective the CX-50 is hard to beat. The powertrain lacks a bit of refinement, but the interior quality punches way above its class. Ultimately it'll be the new CX-90 and upcoming CX-70 that will determine if Mazda can legitimately be considered alongside Lexus, Acura, Genesis or even the Germans. I'm anxious to sample the straight six. It won't have the pull of the Benz or BMW straight sixes, but the EPA ratings of 23 city/28 highway/25 combined are very impressive, and it should still outperform even the best mainstream competitors.
Agree with the torsion beam decision they made being a head scratcher, it first started on the Mazda 3 I heard. In their defense (not really but anyways, a car reviewer mentioned the torsion beam setup works wonderfully as long as the majority of the driving is on highway they even claim it is on the luxury side type of ride, not their exact words): youtube.com/watch?v=P-pXin8vFHg&t=251s (jump to 4:11)

Thanks for sharing your experience with Mazda, I have been paying attention to what they have done lately including introducing the inline 6 when everyone is downsizing hence why I had been super curious. They also went with a 24V system when the rest of the market is going with a 48V system. I also got curious and genuinely wanted to know when someone mentioned that it is not the same league, what was the car lacking that stands out the most, we are obviously not comparing oranges to oranges, it is a different price point, especially the fact that we are on a topic in the GLE sub-forum. I am curious nonetheless.