GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

EZSpare for GLE 63 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 06:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2021 GLE 63 S Coupe
EZSpare for GLE 63 S

Hi folks - for those of you like myself who have surround sound system, MB doesn’t include spare wheel just crappy tire fit system which is horrible. So I ordered a spare from ez-spare, and lo and behold, it fits in the tire space with room to spare! It’s a big heavy tire but at least you can see it’s the real deal. Also ordered electric Jack and gun and a few other items. Totally worth $500 for peace of mind. Fwiw you can order collapsible from dealer for like $1100, my way I think works out better! Now hope I never need to use it.
The following 2 users liked this post by GLE 63S Insane!:
Lanzz (02-13-2023), wildta (02-14-2023)
Old 02-13-2023, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
I got lucky with that. My dealer had both GLE 63 allocations show up the same day. Mine and another guy. Other guy traded in a 2021 GLE 53 and the salesman let me swap my tire fit for the complete spare tire assembly with everything from the GLE 53 which was brand new and never used (tire kit). So I swapped the hardened foam housings with all of the parts between both and was good to go. That was way cool of him to do that. In fact he suggested it lol when I asked why it doesn't have a full size spare like the other 63. Other guy didn't have 3D in his 63 so he already had the full set up. We did figure out why I didn't have it because of the 3D.
Old 02-14-2023, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 727 Likes on 541 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by GLE 63S Insane!
Hi folks - for those of you like myself who have surround sound system, MB doesn’t include spare wheel just crappy tire fit system which is horrible. So I ordered a spare from ez-spare, and lo and behold, it fits in the tire space with room to spare! It’s a big heavy tire but at least you can see it’s the real deal. Also ordered electric Jack and gun and a few other items. Totally worth $500 for peace of mind. Fwiw you can order collapsible from dealer for like $1100, my way I think works out better! Now hope I never need to use it.
Good thinking. Can you provide links to the other items you purchased like the electric jack, gun, etc? Does it all fit under the floor?

https://ezsparewheel.com/
Old 02-14-2023, 01:11 AM

2021 GLE 63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by wildta
Good thinking. Can you provide links to the other items you purchased like the electric jack, gun, etc? Does it all fit under the floor?

https://ezsparewheel.com/
Yep that's the place (figured it was an easy find and linking from my phone is a pain on this board). Jack I got was from amazon, I have yet to test it:
Amazon Amazon

Unfortunately I can fit a few things under the floor with the tire, but not the jack/wrench combo. It's a pretty big box so it will live in the back in a box with my trusty tire inflator and a few other items. I have found it immeasurably useful over the years to have all of my emergency supplies with me in the car. I'd rather be prepared and never use it than the other way around. Small price to pay for some loss of trunk space! But the full tire fitting under the trunk is brilliant. First big trip with this car I unfortunately ran over a giant I don't know what and sliced open 2 (!) tires on the driver's side. Nothing was gonna save me then, but Keeler Motors in Albany NY are saints. I'm buying my next car from them because of the level of service they provide. Hope the above info is helpful.
Old 02-14-2023, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,186 Likes on 853 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Originally Posted by GLE 63S Insane!
How about a photo of it in place?
The following users liked this post:
E55Greasemonkey (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,206 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
I recommend Modern Spare, https://modernspare.com/product/2019...e-kit-options/

They are a Colorado company, and I was impressed with their knowledge when I called.
Their spare is black instead of DayGlo.

They say on their site that they didn't have a fitment for the GLE63S, but are working on one. They could tell how far out it might be with a call.
Watch their video.

I'm gonna do one of theirs on our GLC300 since we've removed the runflats.

Last edited by mikapen; 02-14-2023 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-10-2023, 09:08 PM

2021 GLE 63 S Coupe
Smile Long time coming reply with photo if ezspare in trunk compartment...

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
How about a photo of it in place?
Took a long time to get here since I hadn't emptied out my back for awhile, but today was the day to try swapping tires. That didn't go so well because you need a LOT of equipment to do it correctly. Heaven forbid you EVER get stuck on the side of the road to change a tire. Going to be a total nightmare. I'm now ordering a tire lifter and a hanging pin just in case. So anyway, here's the pics of how the ezspare fits under the trunk even if you have the advanced burmeister system (which you can't get anymore anyway).

With the floor closed.

Tire fits nice and snug! They totally could've included something here.

Even too for odds and ends. Hole plug box resting inside, flat fix outside. Still room to spare.

Different view with prop bar extended.