MBUX Driver Profile unable to protect content issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 400d
MBUX Driver Profile unable to protect content issue

Hey everyone!

I purchased my 400d last weekend, and Mercedes activated my MercedesMe account, however, currently anyone can get into the vehicle, turn ignition on and enter my linked MercedesMe profile (including the option to remove me from it) I have tried for the past 2 days to get my profile synchronised, and selected pin protection, but it doesn’t seem to have taken effect on any of the times I have tried. Everytime I get in, it logs me straight into my driver profile without a pin, and the same when I switch to guest user and try to go back into line, it does it without asking for my pin! My driver profile has the MercedesMe symbol next to it, it seems to be linked to my phone as it makes changes when I ask it to, however, I want to protect this profile with a pin so everything is safe, and no one else can access it, and it just won’t do it. I’ve checked the internet signal, it has 4G, the personalisation pack is active, it allows me to protect content but only for the current journey and then it’s unprotected again. Can anyone offer any advice? The user guide says that when I select “protect content” it should load up the screen with the portal and direct me to that, but this doesn’t happen and there’s no option for “MercedesMe portal” like it says on the user guide, and nothing on the mbux screen I can see inside the car, and nothing on my app regarding linking my profile etc. Can anyone help?
Old 04-07-2023, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 400d
I also contacted MercedesMe yesterday and they sent me these instructions:

Thank you for contacting Mercedes-Benz, regarding your driver profile inside your vehicle.

As previously discussed on the phone i would suggest to try the following steps to trigger a manual export / import in order to synchronize your settings with the vehicle.
  • Go to System Settings
  • Select Profiles
  • Select Manual export / import
  • Select manual export to copy the settings from vehicle to Mercedes me
  • If you want to copy the settings from Mercedes me to vehicle then please select manual import

Please note: The exact clickpath can differ from vehicle to vehicle. Please check your Owner's Manual for exact menu item names and clickpaths.

However, these steps/options do not exist on my MBUX, I’ve looked on every option and Manual Export or Import aren’t an option, and nothing is worded even remotely similar that would suggest it’s the same thing.