GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Reset Internet certificate of the head unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 350 2020
Reset Internet certificate of the head unit

I have been going back and forth to the dealer with connection issues on my GLE 350 2020. The Mercedes Me app, Weather and other apps are not on the MBUX, No Live Traffic, Map update over the air,, Hey Mercedes is displaying, "Online Service Currently Unavailable", and cannot send address to MBUX from the Mercedes Me Connect app. Mercedes advice me to take the car to the dealer so they can, "reset Internet certificate of the head unit and take the head unit again into operation". Do anyone knows the steps in Xentry to reset Internet certificate of the head unit? perhaps I can take the instructions to the dealer as I lost confidence in their ability to fix this issue on their own.
Old 09-07-2023, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,549 Likes on 1,138 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Originally Posted by Rblugo
I have been going back and forth to the dealer with connection issues on my GLE 350 2020. The Mercedes Me app, Weather and other apps are not on the MBUX, No Live Traffic, Map update over the air,, Hey Mercedes is displaying, "Online Service Currently Unavailable", and cannot send address to MBUX from the Mercedes Me Connect app. Mercedes advice me to take the car to the dealer so they can, "reset Internet certificate of the head unit and take the head unit again into operation". Do anyone knows the steps in Xentry to reset Internet certificate of the head unit? perhaps I can take the instructions to the dealer as I lost confidence in their ability to fix this issue on their own.
Weird things have been happening on my Me connect app, and on the car screens. Traffic is missing.
They seem to happening about the same time as the Google Places icon is showing in the screen.

I was able to fix my (Android) app connectivity by uninstalling and reinstalling it. It seems to have changed twice in the last week and I have had to sign in two or three times.
Now I can again find my car and send destinations.

I think I'd wait a couple of weeks or so because it seems like things are in flux. The diagnoses and solutions may be different then. Just sayin.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
GLE53 Coupe
this same happen to me , where i posted:
"Online map update error, from mercedes me website"

update on the issue:

took to dealer.

1. they found new update for the MBUX, update the MBUX Hermes. and then perform a reset on the head unit.
now i have live traffice.

2. now i can login to the Website Mercedes Me and able to download the map update.
The following users liked this post:
Rblugo (09-10-2023)
Old 09-08-2023, 07:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Formally: 2002 ML 270cdi, 2012 GL 350 cdi. Current: 2020 GLS 400d
I’ve had to have this done in our GLS (& it successfully solved our connection issues). Pretty sure I still have the technical bulletin about it. Will track it down.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Formally: 2002 ML 270cdi, 2012 GL 350 cdi. Current: 2020 GLS 400d
Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MC-10174288-9999.pdf (40.5 KB, 127 views)
The following users liked this post:
elbekko (09-09-2023)