GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

How do I opt out of ChatGPT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2023 | 11:58 AM

2024 GLE, 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Question How do I opt out of ChatGPT

Went on the Mercedes me app and went to over the air updates. I saw an 8/15/23 update for MBUX. I would think that it is the one I need to opt out of. Did not say anything about ChatGPT in the description, perhaps it is not the one. In any case there was no opt out option. Was the ChatGPT installed prior to that date? Is there an opt out option for that update, thanks.
Old 09-22-2023 | 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
If you never opted into ChatGPT beta then you don't need to opt out of it as it was only done optional and not default like most beta programs.
The following users liked this post:
jtjbt20x (09-23-2023)
Old 09-22-2023 | 03:35 PM

ChatGPT

Originally Posted by wildta
If you never opted into ChatGPT beta then you don't need to opt out of it as it was only done optional and not default like most beta programs.
I did opt in or else I wouldn’t be concerned about opting out
Old 09-22-2023 | 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
I did opt in or else I wouldn’t be concerned about opting out
Sorry, it wasn't clear in your original post; it sounded more like an assumption that ChatGPT was bundled into an update. Here is how to opt out of it:
  1. In the app, go to the menu (3 horizontal lines icon in the upper right corner),
  2. select the MBUX Beta program,
  3. and touch that toggle switch to remove yourself.
Old 09-22-2023 | 04:43 PM

ChatGPT

Originally Posted by wildta
Sorry, it wasn't clear in your original post; it sounded more like an assumption that ChatGPT was bundled into an update. Here is how to opt out of it:
  1. In the app, go to the menu (3 horizontal lines icon in the upper right corner),
  2. select the MBUX Beta program,
  3. and touch that toggle switch to remove yourself.
Thanks for your easy to follow instructions. I guess I never did opt in even though I was fairly sure I had, because it asked me to opt in and accept the terms. I did not do so. I really can’t figure out why my voice commands are not recognized as readily as before. Had you initially tried the ChatGPT and not liked it? Just wondering if some users have found it better than the non beta version. I guess the mystery of poor voice recognition will not be solved today. Thanks again
Old 09-22-2023 | 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by Bryce1023
Thanks for your easy to follow instructions. I guess I never did opt in even though I was fairly sure I had, because it asked me to opt in and accept the terms. I did not do so. I really can’t figure out why my voice commands are not recognized as readily as before. Had you initially tried the ChatGPT and not liked it? Just wondering if some users have found it better than the non beta version. I guess the mystery of poor voice recognition will not be solved today. Thanks again
I use Android Auto (AA) mostly. I am part of the beta but I don't make a very good one since my most used MBUX commands are: turn on seat massage, turn on/off heads up display, and turn on/off air freshener. All of my music and navigation commands are performed in AA.

Unrelated, I just add MyQ Chamberlain garage smart home access to MBUX so now I can ask for the status of my garage door and close it too without having to use my Chamberlain MyQ phone app--sometimes when driving away from the house, I can't remember if I closed the garage.

Last edited by wildta; 09-22-2023 at 06:11 PM.