GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Is this kind of delayed service normal for Mercedes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 06:29 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2023 GLE 450
Is this kind of delayed service normal for Mercedes?

Brand new GLE 450. drove for 3 months and just realized the windshield washer fluid cannot come out either front or back. Double checked the fluid level and it was full.
Tried to schedule the appointment with two nearby dealerships. The earliest slot will be two weeks later and no loaner.
I came from Acura and Infinit. For these two dealerships, I was easily able to schedule an appointment within one week with a loaner car offered.
East coast area.

Last edited by manbeing; 09-25-2023 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2023, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,573 Likes on 1,157 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
Are appointments available if you don't get a loaner car?

If not,
Can you be delivered and picked up? Will they pick up your car and deliver it back to your location?
Are there any other alternatives that the dealer offers?
My dealer does all that, and will take you to a movie for lunch while you wait.

BTW it's the reason I keep buying Mercedes.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,023 Likes on 694 Posts
2024 Mercedes GLE 63 S..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Things are different today in many different “Brand” Service Departments….not just Mercedes. Some is staffing challenges; some post Pandemic catch up as people differed service visits; More cars sold with lots of problematic issues…Tech being a big one. In the North winter brings reduced volume of oil changes and some discretionary maintenance. Some Loaner cars often sell early reducing those #’s available at times. Times have changed. I was at Porsche Service a few weeks ago when 2 customers dropped off vehicles expecting an automatic loaner-only to be disappointed. Two weeks delay is probably the new normal today with things easing up maybe in winter weather.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:44 AM

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts
2021 GLE450W4 SUV
Originally Posted by mikapen

Are appointments available if you don't get a loaner car?

Can you be delivered and picked up? Will they pick up your car and deliver it back to your location?

BTW it's the reason I keep buying Mercedes.
My dealer does the above too, but getting a loaner means about a two week delay. They are in Bangor, Maine, and they will go anywhere in the state to retrieve/deliver the vehicle--including three hour drives one way.

Last edited by jtjbt20x; 09-29-2023 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-26-2023, 09:19 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 GLE450 polar white AMG pkg.
Completely normal here in the NY area. For example, if you require a routine Service A oil change or state inspection in December, you need to make that appointment in early November. Generally, loaner cars have been available if you're willing to schedule far in advance. Lately I've been opting out of loaner cars because sometimes it's not worth the hassle if your service only takes an hour or two. My advice is to elevate your concern to the service manager to get you in earlier. In my area, Mercedes has a so-called "express service" where you can just drive your vehicle in without an appointment, as long as you're willing to wait. With the weather starting to change and the need for a clean windshield in inclement weather I would just pull into your local service dealer, and you will be taken care of. You will not be refused service. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2023, 10:32 AM

Received 201 Likes on 129 Posts
2021 GLE450
Not at all unusual. I typically wait three to six weeks when I need a loaner, and I always need a loaner. I can get an appointment sooner if I drop off the car, but getting a ride to a dealer a half hour away is never easy. (My dealership does not offer valet or shuttle services.) The dealership strongly discourages waiting for any service because it limits their flexibility.
Old 09-26-2023, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,765 Likes on 2,517 Posts
2019 C63CS
Varies by region, but wait times for loaners have definitely increased. Many dealerships sold off their loaner fleets during the pandemic and don't have as many anymore. I used to have to schedule my appointments one week out in order to get a loaner. Now it's two weeks. The other factor is that many dealers have started to electrify their loaner fleet, so they have fewer ICE loaners than before. You can tell them that you don't mind an EV loaner, otherwise they assume you want an ICE loaner. If I don't require a loaner, then I can basically get an appointment within a couple of days. My dealership offers Uber vouchers, which I've taken advantage of in the past as I don't really require a loaner. I don't have to drive most days.
Old 09-27-2023, 06:55 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Mercedes 2022 GLE 350
Normal since covid hit, getting a loaner has been a pain in the ***... at least two weeks out, usually more. Service ain't what it used to be. I think it was a legit problem when covid hit and getting new cars made was an issue, not enough cars for loaners, but now I believe it's just an excuse to do away with the program. When covid first hit and dealers were short cars at least they gave a rental... they don't even do that now... at least the MB dealerships in this area don't.

Last edited by tootallll; 09-27-2023 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-29-2023, 06:26 AM

Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts
2021 GLE , 2022 GLC , 2022 GLC
Very few loaners

Originally Posted by manbeing
Brand new GLE 450. drove for 3 months and just realized the windshield washer fluid cannot come out either front or back. Double checked the fluid level and it was full.
Tried to schedule the appointment with two nearby dealerships. The earliest slot will be two weeks later and no loaner.
I came from Acura and Infinit. For these two dealerships, I was easily able to schedule an appointment within one week with a loaner car offered.
East coast area.
Many vehicles in the loaner fleet were sold when there was a significant shortage of new cars , I know because I bought one. They should however rent you a car, perhaps from Enterprise, and pick up the cost.