GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Heads Up Display Updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2023 | 11:34 AM

2021 GLE450 / 2008 C300
Heads Up Display Updates

One of the upgrades on my 2021 GLE450 that I've come to really like is the Heads Up Display. A few months ago I noticed that I had some new options on what elements could be displayed in 3 sections of the HUD. Cool. One I added to try recently (on right side) is the one showing the distance between a car ahead. Just yesterday, I noticed that when approaching a red traffic light, it displayed a traffic light icon with the red light showing (as in photo) - and when it turned to green, so did the icon. Cool. I also noticed that when I wasn't in cruise control and I was getting too close to the car ahead a large white target circle icon appears (and an audible tone) at top of this same element (sorry, no photo of that - went away as soon as I braked).

I don't know what particular settings may control these functions, but am speculating you need to be in cruise control for the red light feature and have the driver assistance and augmented video package for this element, which I do.

Now if they would only add some more useful elements for the main display, like some of the engine performance data and fluid levels - that would be even cooler.

.....David
The following 3 users liked this post by DavidBN:
bancroftdg (12-14-2023), jsa1983 (10-06-2023), Kentski (10-06-2023)