GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

W167 Sound Upgrade…Revamping an old thread…

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 12:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gle 450
W167 Sound Upgrade…Revamping an old thread…

Hey,
I am trying to do some research on on upgrading my base sound system in my Gle 2020. Looking for wiring diagram and some info from someone who has had experience doing and upgrade o maybe knows about this specific setup..
I know for sure I will be changing out alll speakers, correct me if I am wrong 6 ? Also would like to install an after market v8 helix amp for the mids/highs and and amp to power to 10 inch subs (possible aux battery)..hoping I can utilize fiber optic for a neater instal.
Laurie
Old 10-19-2023, 09:02 PM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
2020 GLE350 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
did yours not come with the Burmester?

People would ask the same question in terms of the W166 ML chassis and I'll post the same response. These upgrades are usually a major PITA if you DIY. To save yourself the headache,
Go have it professionally done. They can make some changes to get close to what the burmester would give you.
Old 12-10-2023, 04:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gle 450
The sho must go on.

Originally Posted by drwolf
did yours not come with the Burmester?

People would ask the same question in terms of the W166 ML chassis and I'll post the same response. These upgrades are usually a major PITA if you DIY. To save yourself the headache,
Go have it professionally done. They can make some changes to get close to what the burmester would give you.
o feel you in this but where I am from it’s difficult to find someone with experience. Most people who purchace these cars are not interested in any additional music. This is what I have done thus far. Next would be to install a dsp. I am still looking for a wire diagram if anyone can help.

Identical replacement.

From 6 to 8 inch. Perfect fit.

Tweeters replaced also

The following users liked this post:
jaxslk (12-10-2023)