Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 12:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 S350 (W220)
Check left/right low beam and check front left parking lamp

2020 GLE450 4Matic
My new to me V167 is displaying the following error messages
“Check left/right low beam and check front left parking lamp” with the left headlights all fogged up but operational with only the right driving lights on with both the high and low leds not working. This is new to me as I have upgraded from a w166.
I will take it to the dealer tomorrow but wanted to have your feedback on similar issues. The truck is still under warranty. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Last edited by Ottawadesi; 12-12-2023 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-12-2023, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 214 Likes on 148 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Condensation on the left headlamp. From the year of the vehicle and being on the left side that headlamp is part of the bad batch from the factory. That will need replacement and better get it replaced while it is still under factory warranty. I had the same problem with my previous '21 450 before and I was told by the service manager these are very common especially for the left lamp. That won't dry out and it it does there will be stains inside then re-occur again afterwards. The electronics inside will get bad and that is why you are getting that error message.

For the right side I am not sure about that as it seems okay. Maybe the car's computer is going whack because the left side is glitching and it is making the computer thinks both sides have a problem.

If the dealer says "it will dry out and it is normal" tell them that amount of condensation is NOT NORMAL and there is a WIS bulletin for it. If they still insist not to replace it, time to go to a another dealership and never go back to that one even if that is where you bought your car.

Last edited by shotgun_banjo; 12-12-2023 at 01:52 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by shotgun_banjo:
mikapen (12-12-2023), Ottawadesi (12-12-2023), Pappa (12-24-2023), vincheung (12-13-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,182 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
^^^^ Important.
Old 12-12-2023, 11:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 S350 (W220)
Wis

Hi,
Thanks for your response and the vehicle is now with the dealer. I was told that they will check to see if there is any damage to the lens and will revert back. I note that you got yours replaced under warranty. Can you please share any WIS that i can quote to the dealer.
thanks

Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo
Condensation on the left headlamp. From the year of the vehicle and being on the left side that headlamp is part of the bad batch from the factory. That will need replacement and better get it replaced while it is still under factory warranty. I had the same problem with my previous '21 450 before and I was told by the service manager these are very common especially for the left lamp. That won't dry out and it it does there will be stains inside then re-occur again afterwards. The electronics inside will get bad and that is why you are getting that error message.

For the right side I am not sure about that as it seems okay. Maybe the car's computer is going whack because the left side is glitching and it is making the computer thinks both sides have a problem.

If the dealer says "it will dry out and it is normal" tell them that amount of condensation is NOT NORMAL and there is a WIS bulletin for it. If they still insist not to replace it, time to go to a another dealership and never go back to that one even if that is where you bought your car.
Old 12-13-2023, 10:29 AM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Around the time I got my 2021 GLE 350 with the lighting package, I had a similar issue. I came outside and one of the headlights was on while the car was off (like fully on, DRL and low beams). My car had been sitting at my office all day. I did not get any kind of warning or notifications on the dash or Mercedes Me Connect. When I had the dealers look at it they could not find any stored codes. It may be a one off thing. I had made a post about it somewhere on here with a picture but I cannot find it.
The following users liked this post:
Ottawadesi (12-13-2023)