GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Pre paid Maintenance plans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 05:42 PM

Received 175 Likes on 122 Posts
2024 GLE 450, 2015 X5 35d, 2009 SLK 300
Originally Posted by stktyz33
Does your car have Magic Vision Control Wipers? Dealer rarely account for them when they tell you A/B service pricing.
I just had my GLE in for its first service. I have the PPM and the MagicVsion wipers were replaced as part of the service.
Old 04-25-2024, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gle450e ordered, Lexus RX350
Looks like I get my 2024 GL:E450e in the next couple of weeks...been a long wait since I ordered it in December. So, they are now pressuring me to prepay maintenance, tires, extended warrantee. I have said thanks, but no thanks so far. Coming from a Lexus rx and not returning to the dealer after the first service as it was crazy expensive and time consuming...so, have done all my own oil changes every 5,000 miles(8,000 km) including filters with Synthetic 0w20...it's got 160,000 miles and runs just like new.

These are Canadian prices...You get oil, filter, key fob battery, washer fluid, dust filter change......that's it. For $820 including taxes per visit. In canada if I get it done elsewhere or have receipts...warrantee is valid, so, I don't have to go to MB for maintenance. I am planning road trip in June and once I return, will do a complete oil and filter service...my view of cheap insurance for breakin period

Old 05-11-2024, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLE 63s
Originally Posted by mercedesbuff
1- I believe you can purchase from any M-B dealer. I recommend you contact Jeff Jackson @ M-B Louisville; he's been very helpful and responsive for me. If you can get a decent price from him, or another dealership, then it helps with the answer to question #2.

Good luck!
Just worked with Jeff on this very subject. Highly recommend...and do shop around guys. I saved substantially by doing so - Jeff was on point!
The following users liked this post:
bancroftdg (05-12-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 01:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 GLE350
Originally Posted by z28lt1
You can purchase another prepaid maintenance plan. It's actually called something different. Instead of "Mercedes-Benz Premier Prepaid Maintenance" it is "Mercedes-Benz Star Prepaid Maintenance", but as far as I know, it is the same thing. Don't think you can get 4 years, but can get 2 or 3, up to like 80k miles.
Agreed. When I got my 2017 GLE350, also purchased the 4 years ppm so I don't have to worry about anything during the warranty period. The first year after the ppm I decided to pay out of pocket the next scheduled service and it costed way more than expected ($1k+). The TA told me there's another $1500 worth of service updates next round and mentioned that those updates would be covered if I had a ppm. He advised me to get another ppm to cover those unseen updates that MB actually make them do. True or not, I went to get another two-year ppm for $1800.
Old Yesterday, 09:05 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 GLE 450 + 2019 Audi eTron
Originally Posted by BenzBC
Can you shop maintenance plans at different dealerships or are they the same price everywhere?
Can you purchase online?
Are they worth it or better to just pay as you go?
I saved quite a bit on a two year plan. I bought it from a dealer in Kentucky and I live in Florida. After I got my quote, I approached my local dealer and asked if they would meet the price and they said no. So I bought the plan from Kentucky online and then brought my car into my local MB dealer for service the following week. No issues as these plans are national.

the contract info is. jjackson@mblouisville.com And phone is (502) 894-6829
and address is. 2520 Terra Crossing Blvd
Louisville KY 40245
United States